When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Motorcycles Are A Threat To Ppls Lifes!

slay

When I was in Scotland, I got a call from someone who told me that one of my friends just died in a motorcycle accident. He used to have a smaler Ninja and just bought himself a brand new Kawasaki ZX10R. In a curve, he lost control over his bike and he overturned with hgis bike a few times and I believe his head got choped off.

He was speeding, but he wasnt an unexperienced driver. He always drove reckless and his motto was "I only live once" - but he managed situations most other would not have managed! I cant believe he lost control over the bike in a freakin curve! Thats the 2nd friend I lost due to a motorcycle accident. Someone else got smashed by a car a while ago (wasnt his fault!).

Another friend got the tissue of his leg burned off after he lost control over his bike. Somone else had to have screws in his arm for 5 years because of a motorcycle accident. Another one almost lost his arm.

I have so many friends who have had terrible accidents on bikes that I have decided to quit. I will never ride the bike again.

I still cant believe my friend is no longer with us, it really hit me hard. I hope those of you who ride bikes also (I know of some who do) are very careful. It doesnt always have to be your fault! if someone takes your priority and hits your, YOU are the one who's [censored]ed and not the hummer driver!

as a fellow motorcycle rider, in new york city nonetheless, i am sorry for the loss of your friend. it is a terrible thing.

safety safety safety, i cannot stress that enough. i have been in 2 accidents, one where i lost the tip of my pinky (but got it snapped back on) and it was at only about 20 mph.

if you ride, the first rule is "EVERYONE is out to kill me" gotta have all eyes everywhere at all times. and people need to remember, hen you are driving recklessly, you are putting your life and many others at risk, and that is just not cool, period.

again, i am sorry for the loss of your friend, my condolences to you and his family.

It doesnt always have to be your fault! if someone takes your priority and hits your, YOU are the one who's [censored]ed and not the hummer driver!

:blink: If this is a new revelation for you, you should have been staying inside... Whether your riding a motorcycle, a car, or just plain waliknig :blink:

Sorry to hear about your friend, but it sounds to me like he had it coming :black_eye: Wreckless motorcycle riders do nothing but [censored] me off. Friggin idiots. :yu:

Wreckless motorcycle riders...

@ Swdivad... Reckless, you dingbat! :lol::lol::lol:

@Slay, sorry to hear of your loss. I too, have lost friends in motorcycle accidents.

It doesn't stop me riding.

Current collection includes:

1947 BSA M21

1960 Triumph TR6 Tiger 650

1964 Royal Enfield Continental GT

1984 "Harris" Bonneville 750

... and a Honda that I don't want to talk about.

www watch go suck yourself.

Sorry to hear the bad news Slay rRIP to your friend.

I drive a R1 and i now the felling you get when you see/hear other people get hurt or yourself gets hurt.

I myself have been 2 times to hospital in motorcykel crashes and i em only 21.

The worst whas when i got hit by a car that sucked big time.

But even so my passion for bikes are higher then ever this days i have no whish to die but man i rather have some fun going 200 km/t up mountain roads then sitting home getting grey hair B)

Regards,

Dani

I too would like to offer my condolences to you Ken, regardless of how it happened you still lost a good friend.

When you're young you're invincible, nothing can touch you, you push your self hard to find your limits..............some pass this test some don't.................RIP.

Ken

Sorry for the loss of your friend but it does not have to be the end of your riding.

I've had motorcycles since I was 16. Been riding ever since then and am now 59. No serious accidents, still have all my body parts and still love to ride. Why - I don't do turns too fast, I watch everything on the road, I never think that I am invincable, I never think that I can do anythign on my bike and get away with it, I treat it with respect. When people don't follow these guidelines they die and yes, there are a few times when they don't see you and you die. I always think about that and it interjects itself frequenctly during the pleasant rides. Helps to keep reality nearby.

Never ride the bike when you are down so park it for a few weeks or months and then think about getting back on. You will remember the fun and freedom it brings on a clear evening, the smell of the fall air and feel of the moment of coolness as you dip into a depression, then you may reconsider.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

I've lost a very good friend to a motorbike accident in Melbourne a few years back.

Motorcycle riders should take extreme care when negotiating curves. But as one's confidence increases, so does our guts.

Such is life...

www watch go suck yourself.

So you're 21?

When I started riding motorbikes you haven't even started going to school.

So calm down just a little bit.

Reckless drivers are playing with their lives. And while playing there's always

the option to lose.

You may talk to me again about that topic when one of your loved ones

got killed in an accident caused by some reckless idiot.

Bottom line, it's not the BIKE that is the threat to your life.

sometimes it is... as I said, one of my friends got literally smashed by a car, because it took his priority. If he had been in a car, nothing would have happaned to him, simply because of the crumple zone a car gives you. But no chance on a motorcycle! He was one of the best med students in his class. Now he's gone.

thats so hard...a lot of us have friends that lost his live or know someone that have pass through this...so sad...personally i always want to ride a bike but as since my mother have worked on a hopsital for so long and my sister is a doctor i have heard all kind of freak histories about it...and it makes me far from ride a bike...

Slay-

Sorry for your loss.

- Kruz

I keep a couple of bikes and ride them when in the mood. As I have gotten older I have definitely changed my risk parameters. I still ride but only rarely go out alone. I feel much more comfortable in groups of three or more (not 20 though) - whether in a group of sportbikes with a couple of cops (who are quite frequently the craziest riders) or rumbling along leisurely on a bar bike. People don't miss a group. I managed to avoid being hit by a car for many years and when it happened it and I was alone it definitely made me think twice. So that is my compromise.

IMHO, anyone who is, or contemplating, riding a bike is nuts not to have taken both a safety course and, if riding a sport bike and available, spending a days or two on a track learning proper skills. I would also say that I learned the hard way to never ride without proper leathers, armour and a full helmet. I am one of those odd-ducks you see rumbling down the road on a raked and stretched harley.

Ditto most of that - what terrible news for you, and just an awful reality check.

Of course, motorcycles are dangerous, and many people that ride them are very responsible riders who acknowledge that. But we also know that (like fast cars) they attract their fair share of racers too. The only thing that annoys me is bike speed fiends that have young kids - it really pisses me off that they're prepared to fuck their kids' lives up for an afternoon of fun.

Hope Scotland is treating you well...

Ditto most of that - what terrible news for you, and just an awful reality check.

Of course, motorcycles are dangerous, and many people that ride them are very responsible riders who acknowledge that. But we also know that (like fast cars) they attract their fair share of racers too. The only thing that annoys me is bike speed fiends that have young kids - it really pisses me off that they're prepared to [censored] their kids' lives up for an afternoon of fun.

Hope Scotland is treating you well...

@ cornerstone. Can't agree with you more!!! One thing is to jeopardize your life...another is to seriously [censored] up the lives of your children by becoming just a picture on a frame for years to come... :yucky: This reminds me of yet another big brother talk I had with my little brother who has a 5 year old and rides a big bike...bones don't make good bumpers...they break much easily...

@ slay. my sincere condolences... losing a friend no matter how, is tough and we all feel for you.

Alex

@ Slay. As a long time rider I feel for you. Losing a friend is hard.

@ www... A bit on the insensitive side there mate.

I've been riding motorcycles for the past 19 years. I wrecked a few times in my first year, nothing too major. These days I rumble along on my 1971 FLH with some of the loudest pipes I've ever heard. (I'm a firm believer that my loud pipes have saved my life more than once) I have a 1979 Honda 750SS that is fun to ride near the limit on a track... on the street never. Other drivers are too damn dangerous. Yes, riding is more dangerous than driving my truck, but its the other drivers that are the danger, not me.

Either way my man, I'm sorry for your loss. To all the riders on this board, ride safe, ride often.

I sold my Kawasaki ZX9R recently.

It was the most smart thing to do. I could just not resist opening up the throttle.

It had 145 HP with 180 kg, so it was really really really too fast.

I do miss the bike, but my newborn son will miss his father more I guess.

I've been riding bikes for the past 28 years. Always big ones, always fast ones. On streets and on racetracks. When my kid was born, I sold the Bimota but more for lack of time than fear. These days I ride an MT-01.

It is my firm believe that the decisive factor is always the rider. As a young kid, you can't afford a Ferrari but you can easily afford a 100hp+ bike which gives you a feeling of power and superiority... - the question is, can you handle it? On a bike, in traffic, you have a lot of disadvantages but also a number of advantages (much less distraction, acceleration, small footprint) - the question is, do you push your limit?

The two accidents I had on a bike where nobody's fault but mine...For a moment, I got crazy and paid a price. If your brain is in control... the risk is not higher than mountain climbing, snowboarding or surfing .....

...and as for my kid.... well there was this guy who sold his bikes...and the Porsche.... and then moved into his shiny new office in the Twin Tower.... I think the only realistic way is to be careful doing what you're doing...

@ slay - my condolences... aside from this discussion...there is the hard reality of loosing a friend - and if he's gone, it really doesn't matter how...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, then it happened again.. Hopefully without loss of life this time.

My 18 year old cousin, borrowed 125cc, truck crossing the road.. The rest anyone can imagine.

We've heard he's got a fractured skull, fluids in a lung, multiple broken bones and is being operated as we speak.

Sent by helicopter to hospital 2 hours ago. some confusion as to whether he was responsive or not..

We're hoping for the best.

135199-18340.jpg