When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Prince Date-Day "Franken Lite"

jmb

After building my 100% rep Date-Day I was really bummed to find the dial was totally incorrect with "Prince Oyster" instead of "Oyster Prince". Chiman took pity on me and sent me a gen dial he had left over after "borrowing" some bits from it. :whistling: Since I have several mid-size gen dials I'll probably never use I snagged the shield from one and stuck it on the Date-Day dial - voila, a new Tudor Oyster Prince Date-Day dial! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I took apart the "incorrect" version, swapped the day wheel with one that didn't have the days numbered, and added the gen dial, and put everything back together. I think I've wound up with a very nice looking watch which will likely wind up in my daily lineup.

Here's a couple quick pix...

PDD 1.JPG

PDD 2.JPG

PDD 3.JPG

PDD 4.JPG

PDD 5.JPG

Freddy, I never pictured a rivet on a watch like this. I may have one laying around and if so will try it to see what it looks like but in all probability it will wind up on a Tudor Prince Date bracelet.

F, me and CGs don't get along that well... :Jumpy:

I tried a riveted bracelet on the piece, and while it looked OK it really didn't grab me. I then put on a 20mm Tudor signed Prince Date Jubilee style bracelet and it really looked classy! You will see that all of the pics have magically changed to the new version. :whistling: