When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Owners

vlydog

very solidly built watch, wears very well on the wrist for a 42mm watch (this coming from a PAM wearer).

love the raised markers on the dial, and the dial to get is the grey with black sub-dials.

great watch for the money to be honest. here're some pics of mine:

DSC02211.jpg

thanks burnz! getting all warm inside!

Either dial is great and depends on what you like more - classic or modern look. I got the other dial with grey sub-dials and black dial b/c I wanted a more sleek modern look plus I already have the rep DW 7032 with the same color tone as the above so no point getting two of the same.

Either color scheme is great. Have fun buying the new MC ... :)

To all of our trusted dealers! If the Tudor Heritage is not in rep-form in 2011 the factories are missing a bet.Especially in the US as Tudor is no longer available. The date location may be a problem as there don't appear to be 7734 asian Valjoux in production. There must be a way to build them & my guess is that keeping them in stock will be the problem.Within my group of watchnutz a substantial number would be on order!

Regards, mcotter

The picture of the THC sans caseback, plus the reputation of the chronograph module, did much to dampen the enthusiasm. But do try to handle one at an AD, as it is a stunner up close. Sometimes good looks are all it takes!

vlydog: I'm unable to send private messages to you. Is your mailbox full?

• 2 weeks later...

Found this image of the THC sans back and I am having trouble seeing the plastic parts mentioned. Can anyone enlighten me? I am finding myslef really drawn to the THC recently and need a good reason to not get one ;)

P1010338.jpg

Other than looking a little small and the over-sized movement holder, it looks well finished. Who's going to see it anyway?

Marty

prices are going down - every AD has them in the window here - both dial colours - you can expect something like 2300-2500 € for the new watch .... the Hydro 1200 i see for 2100 - it has even a higher retail than the Heritage ;)

cheers,

Frank

prices are going down - every AD has them in the window here - both dial colours - you can expect something like 2300-2500 € for the new watch .... the Hydro 1200 i see for 2100 - it has even a higher retail than the Heritage ;)

cheers,

Frank

That's a good price. In the US they are upwards of $4k. I guess since they are not distributed there is a premium. :(

Omega uses plastic parts in the modern Speedmaster movement.

It's just the one Delrin brake, and it's been in use since the 1970s. You don't even see it on the display back models, since it gets swapped out for a prettier metal piece. And if you're a Speedmaster purist of the Moonie cult, it's a moot point, as only the column-wheel Cal.321 is the one true movement!

As for reactions to the THC's tiny engine, I'm guessing that displacement fetishists aren't limited to the automotive world. The concerns about the chrono module, on the other hand, are well founded.

Here in the Philippines, the going rate for the Heritage is ~USD3500 from an AD, which is considerably lower than it was as recently as September. Prices were close to USD4000 back then.

Here's a good and somewhat objective read on the Heritage movement. I'm convinced it's fine as long as you have someone qualified to service it.

You may be right, and I take back what I said about well founded concerns on the Dubois-Depraz module. They're issues I've read about for many years (mostly in relation to the module's use by Omega), but constant repetition on the Internet doesn't make it so. I think I might have conflated the DD hate with reports of actual failures of unrelated movements in newer Omegas. Sorry for the confusion.

Until someone can explain the fundamental flaws of the design, or show a few broken modules, I would take the reliability/service complaints with a big grain of salt.

I think the concerns about the DD module are that if it breaks the "fix" is to replace the whole thing. And this = $$$. Also, there are hardly any watchmakers qualified to work on them so presumeably the one's that do can charge $$$ also. But they won't be able to get any original Tudor/Rolex parts as we know how impossible that is now. As for Rolex/Tudor service centre's, surely in the USA where this watch is not marketed, sold or supported in any way then the RSC's will not be trained to work on this movement? Why would they be when no Rolex or Tudor watches sold in the USA have ever used it? Also, if the movement is so hard/fiddly to work on then comparing it to Sub and Daytona prices for sefvicing then you'd be looking at $1000 for a service at Rolex. And if you are in the USA unless you had an arrangement with an AD in place then you'd have to send it back to Geneva yourself to get it serviced or any warranty repairs carried out. We all know how Rolex hate Grey market imports to the USA and how arsey/particular they are about servicing these days.

i frankly don't understand why people are trying to beat down a $4k watch because of how cheap or unreliable the DD chrono module is rumoured to be. if that truly is the case, then isn't there more cause for concern for folks plonking down $20 grand for an AP ROO which also happens to use the same DD module in their non-inhouse caliber ROOs?? :bangin: