When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deepsea V6 is out

concepta

There has been a dark horse DSSD for over a year now, lurking in the shadows; some said it was a myth. A fantasy .. something existing only on the fringe of consciousness.

I first saw one almost a year ago to this day.

Highhozumdiddlyay was asking for an opinion on a DSSD his agent had discovered in MBK Mall. It had the HEV style of a Noobfactory piece but the reasonably thin hour markers of a DSSD v5/2010 model. What struck me about it the most, tho, was the neatly rounded pearl dome.

This is that watch.

I can't tell how well the diver's clasp is engineered from these pictures but it looks to be quite promising. Note the stepped date window .. not a bevel. That's good. Unfortunately it has the Noobfactory's over-arched bezel insert triangle. Too curved. It also inherits the Noobfactory's incorrect "pressure dome" case-back. Stepped instead of conical. This is never seen in common use, of course.

Seriously, what in the world is the difference here? I fixate on my DSSD V5 daily, and I'm having a hard time spotting the difference. The triangle at 12 is curved, not straight; HEV valve looks almost the same; the dial is the same as V5; the hour markers are marginally thinner, but is that enough to justify repurchasing the watch?

The only difference to the V5 i can see is that the crown guards look bad. The profile looks too low in these pics. I can't find any difference in the clasp. 0_o

The cartel has had a titanium caseback back since the v3 as i understand it. It's the ETZ ones that lose their paint/scratch.

That Josh didn't post it is probably telling.

The only difference to the V5 i can see is that the crown guards look bad. The profile looks too low in these pics. I can't find any difference in the clasp. 0_o

The cartel has had a titanium caseback back since the v3 as i understand it. It's the ETZ ones that lose their paint/scratch.

That Josh didn't post it is probably telling.

Dont think any came with titanium caseback... The cartel doesn't sell anything but the V3 anyways.. Their ultimate is just a V3 with "better" steel, beveled date, slightly improved dial, and corrected bezel at 10 o'clock for the most part. Case, bracelet, and caseback haven't changed though.

But maybe I'm wrong.. I'd love a titanium caseback!

Lol, with the bracelet (glidelock/dive extension) and the case back (changed to stepped design titanium) and crystal (there's a post/thread here somewhere) from the v3. And add to your dial, bezel and caseset... I'd suggest it's an entirely different watch.

The only thing left is the movement. 0_o

Edit to clarify: I'm referring to v3 to cartel ult here (recently termed v5).

This has to be a third factory. Why would Noobfactory go *backwards* and return to the old, incorrect caseback. They fixed that early last year.

Sounds like a reasonable deduction!

Of course, my response up ^^there is a typo. Should have read "changed from stepped design".

The only thing I really want for my ziggied Cartel Ult is the insert triangle from the V3 (while retaining the correct 10 of the current)

oh, and a better thumb divet on the clasp

• 1 month later...