When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do Not Post QC Pics On THe Forums

statikman

I haven't seen this posted yet so I thought I would bring it up.

Joshua states that members will nitpick and cause delay in your order and damage your relationship with him.

When I asked him for better CG pics he wouldn't do it until I declined the watch.

Interesting new direction in sales and service.

BTW, Joshua is the only dealer I use and I am generally a fan.

i bet they're kicking themselves for ever offering quality control pictures. and if declining a watch after quality control pics is going to damage your relationship with josh, move on to a better dealer. trust me ... she's out there!

Amen to that my friend! :)

I have to say I always thought of Josh as a dealer with worst attitude.

He sends QC pics but doesn't want you to show anyone? Sounds fishy.. I wonder if he sends the same QC pics to several people.

Thats what happened when I was looking around for the best dealer and I asked for QC pics from some dealers before I was willing to buy the watch. They just sent me stock pics from their site. heh, so much for "quality control"

Thats what happened when I was looking around for the best dealer and I asked for QC pics from some dealers before I was willing to buy the watch. They just sent me stock pics from their site. heh, so much for "quality control"

Well with this I have to disagree - I mean how can you expect a dealer to take pics of the watch for everyone that's only asking questions about it? You get QC pics once you make your order and pay for it. This is how it works and I am sure this part is actually fair.

I am pretty happy with QC so far, out of 6 or 7 watches bought since the beginning of the whole QC thing I rejected 2 - a PAM 250 because of bad CG lever and RG AP ROO for bad screws in the bezel.

The process has got to be extremely time consuming and frustrating for them I would imagine. Think of the volume they must do; not just amongst the various fora, but to the general public as well. To photograph each watch, correspond back and forth... That's a significant amount of work to be done...

Yes especially since now once we see QC pics we need to actually receive the same watch. Apart from taking pics, checking timekeeping and dealing with possible rejected pieces they also need to make sure who's watch is who's, it no longer is a "this dude here wanted a PAM Mare Nostrum, go find one in the bag and throw it in this envelope for him" scenario.

To be fair, if you have paid for the watch this is surely part and parcel of the service to be expected.

Especially if seen as a "reccomended" dealer on forums such as these which surely brings lots of business....

And at the end of the day it saves a hell of a lot more hastle with having to recieve returns = happier customers = return purchaces in most cases.

am i wrong?

Interesting to hear this about Josh,

At the same time, with the recent new wave in reps... it looks like our Quality control plea has been heard.. and it´s not just affecting the dealers.. it looks like it might be affecting the factories as well. With higher quality and more consistent reps being released.. at least the dealers don´t have to deal with a crap shoot of watch qualities from the same model... what do you guys think??

Guest jsuperman17

I say go on to another dealer... We spend hundreds of dollars a year and all we ask is for a simple pic... It can't be that hard... Like everyone said I think it's beneficial not only for us but for them so they don't have take the watch back once it craps out.. Just my two cents...

I say move on to another dealer, there are better ones out there willing to work for your money. Keep in mind each dealer is making a profit made on each transaction. I would imagine the forum member volume is a small fraction of the "off the street, non-forum public" volume where individual consumers do not nitpick the QC or post the QC photos to a forum.

In addition, is it too much to expect the final product to look exactly like the photo taken of said product? I'm not paying an ever increasing amount of money per rep to be shipped faulty parts in order to expand the dealer or manufacturer profit margin. This is especially irritating as you can seldom buy an individual rep component if you're sent something that's off.

Just my 2 cents.

M.

I guess Im split 50/50 on this subject. On one hand many new members are posting QC pics and the community Is picking the pics apart for ever little flaw,no matter how Insignificant. Unfortunately some people will take advantage of this service by being to demanding. In some cases these reps are being held to a higher standard than gens. On the other hand If a dealer is going to offer QC pics then that dealer should do his or her best to provide clear and focused shots. My experence with Josh has been good for the most part,very good reps and very good CS. Im just happy to see reps getting better and better,that Is Indeed very good news for are hobby.

Hey if dealers are in a position to be turning away customers who don't follow their QC picture privacy rules, well then more power to 'em. The types of pieces I generally go after have plenty of QC pics for all to see in the Buy&Sell forum, as well as elsewhere on the internets. :D Interesting info, nonetheless.

i dont buy from big J anyways.. i still remember a post of someone who stated this watch was selectet and handpickt by the master himself (joshua) and then i saw the crooked (real bad crooked numbers on the dial) numbers and started laughing :D i never bought from him, so i cant say too much about him lately, i prefer girls ;) and im very happy with my choise ;)

mrs king is the best dealer i ever had, never had a problem, and she never had a problem with my questions and requests :)

Edited by deniz21

As I keep seeing QC pics here, I wonder if I'm the only one who got the warning. I've never posted QC pics so I assumed all pics were sent with this instruction rather than being personal.

Got the same message with my QC pics on a recent watch. Ladies (mid) Bvlgari Assioma chrono.

I agree with maxman, that the forums are inclined to be somewhat overzealous about flaws (if you can even call them that). But to suggest it may "damage our relationship"? Josh, c'mon.. If it weren't for KB and I, who else would've got you to post right here that you have uneven sized nuts! Thats a bond that cannot be broken!

(classic!)

Anyway, quick story about Josh's new QC thing. Wifes birthday watch (todays her Bday). Trevor promised me a discount on the watch due to a previous order issue. I emailed him about a month ago(trevor), telling him I was ready, and I needed it by such and such a date. It took Trevor 18 days to reply to my first email. Thats one thing about Josh, he doesnt drop off the map (even if one ball dropped lower than the other) :lol: .

I needed this watch done, shipped, and in my hands. It had been a while but with the new QC thing going on, I gave him a call (email). He emails me right back, QC pics the next day, watch is in my hands in a week from the first email. Color me pleased. :good:

Wow I should be so lucky.

I get customers all the time asking for "show me all the new suits you can get"....yeah sure that's only 30 pic's!

Or "can you get this type of T shirt" "Yeah sure which ones do you want?" "Oh just show me what you have"...well there's another 40 pic's.... :(

Ken

Got the same message with my QC pics on a recent watch. Ladies (mid) Bvlgari Assioma chrono.

I agree with maxman, that the forums are inclined to be somewhat overzealous about flaws (if you can even call them that). But to suggest it may "damage our relationship"? Josh, c'mon.. If it weren't for KB and I, who else would've got you to post right here that you have uneven sized nuts! Thats a bond that cannot be broken!

(classic!)

Anyway, quick story about Josh's new QC thing. Wifes birthday watch (todays her Bday). Trevor promised me a discount on the watch due to a previous order issue. I emailed him about a month ago(trevor), telling him I was ready, and I needed it by such and such a date. It took Trevor 18 days to reply to my first email. Thats one thing about Josh, he doesnt drop off the map (even if one ball dropped lower than the other) :lol: .

I needed this watch done, shipped, and in my hands. It had been a while but with the new QC thing going on, I gave him a call (email). He emails me right back, QC pics the next day, watch is in my hands in a week from the first email. Color me pleased. :good:

I did not see the "damage our relationship" part,that comment was not necessary Imo. Thanks for link,good stuff :victory: