When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got Tired of Ordinary Watch Forums

Hi all, Rodge here.

I forget how I found this site, but have spent pretty much all of the last 24hours lurking here. Was reading WUS a lot, and thought if I had to read another "I have 2 grand, which watch should I buy??" thread I was going to throw my computer.

It seems everyone here knows a hell of a lot more about watches, and actually interacts with them, beyond buying them and throwing them in a box. As an engineer/chronic tinkerer this excites me.

I am looking forward to buying a few reps just to then rip them apart.

Wish me luck!

-Rodge

Hey Rodge, welcome. Some of us here view a ban from WUS as a badge of honor. :whistling:

What are you waiting for? Buy a watch and tear it apart! Then rebuild it to run backwards with an added Moon Phase.

Welcome indeed. In no time, you will be building your own watch no doubt. :)

If you have a sense of humor about watch forums, I highly recommend watching this video in this thread:

"Endless threads about what watch to wear when washing your ass or balls".... classic.

Thanks for all the kind words, can't wait to get started.

hey Rodge...welcome!...

as you can see from the other inmates in this horological asylum, you can't beat this place...

a nugget of advice...keep a magnet handy for when those darn microscopic parts fly off your current project and you need to sweep the floor...

R-