When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Crown and Tube help

usmctowgnr

I would appreciate it if someone could help clarify the vintage crown and tubes available. I have an older 24-702 slim crown and I just purchased a 24-700 tube from Yuki with the hope that it will work. If not is the 24-700 tube the one for the crown that does not have any dots on it? Any insight on where to get a tube for a 24-702 if the 24-700 will not work? Is the no dot crown correct on 5512/3 models?

Thanks

Joe

Yep, it is correct. The twinlock crown was used on 5512/3's. You don't really see them no more, because the triplock system is safer/better. I believe Rolex changes the tube/crown twinlock system to a triplock if they service a 5512/553. I think the 24-700 tube -should- fit your crown -- they are both twinlock.

Good luck.

Edited by blix

24-700 crown is a no-dots twinlock crown. You'll need a tube with threads going all the way to the end of the tube for this (24-7000-0).

24-702 crown is a triplock 3 dots crown; the crown has threads extending all the way to the opening and the tube is without the O-ring gasket on the exterior, but the threads only go to about 3/4 of the tube with a flange at the end (24-7020-0).

24-703 crown is a triplock 3 dots crown. This crown requires the tube with the exterior O-ring gasket; the crown threads stop mid way inside the crown to accomodate the tube's exterior gasket (24-7030-0).

There is also a 24-703 monobloc/24-704. Same as the above 24-703, except of 1 piece design (the crowns prior were a wrap design) and these are easily identified by the size of the coronet on the top of the crown (short and squat while the 2pc. is a long coronet).

Hope this helps.

//ubi

Thanks blix and Ubi, that helps alot. It also means that I am no closer to getting a crown and tube set for a 5512 and 1665 build, lol.

I have a yuki 24-7000-0 tube on the way. There are 24-700 crowns on ebay that I can buy and use this combo on the 5512.

That still leaves me with finding a 24-7020-0 for the 24-702 triplock crown I have and am wanting to use on a 1665 GW.

:nea:

Danke!

Here's a 702 on my 5514:

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

But I didn't get a good shot of the tube with the flange (the flange is only partially apparent with the crown in the time setting position). However, this is what the tube would look like (this is a reproduction of the 702 tube):

IMG_3663.jpg

Please don't mind the crown in this pic; it's a rep 702 crown ;)

And 703 with long coronet:

IMG_9880.jpg

703/704 monobloc:

IMG_8504.jpg

I have a 700 crown and a 700 tube from Yuki and it fits perfectly it looks exactly the same as Freddy's picture. Now I am forced to build a watch that can use it :bleh: what a dilemma. he he

I have to point that the crown is genuine to avoid confusion

Edited by cib0rgman

Now I am forced to build a watch that can use it :bleh: what a dilemma. he he

Oh, that's just cruel. Go ahead, rub salt in my wounds. :black_eye:

(did it work? do you feel guilty yet??)

Cool! 700 crown and a 700 tube from Yuki and it fits perfectly.

Will try the tube and project 5512 soon.

I have a 700 crown and a 700 tube from Yuki and it fits perfectly it looks exactly the same as Freddy's picture. Now I am forced to build a watch that can use it :bleh: what a dilemma. he he

I have to point that the crown is genuine to avoid confusion

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a 702 crown and tube

P9250073.JPG

So I picked up a crown that was sold to me as a 702, but it doesn't look like it has the same bevel on the inside of the crown as the pictures above. What crown do I have here:

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

I also ended up with this crown and tube. Is this a 704?

IMG_0769.jpg