When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ronin Inspired 1680

sly

I had this plan for a while now but it's been set aside due to other projects. After seeing Ronin's 1680 inspired me to finish this project. Originally this was a yuki case with yuki dial, ETA 2846, yuki hands, pmwf insert w/ofrei pearl & yuki 93250 band. I disassembled this and sold everything and left the case and the band. Stay tuned for assembled pics.

- Gen. White Dial

- Gen. hands

- Gen. 127 crystal

- Gen. Insert

- 1570 taken out from a Gen. 1680

- Yuki Case

- yuki 93250 band

Was looking for a gen. bezel and got distracted and bought a gen. 5512 dial / hands as I already have a no date 1570 movement but that is a topic for another day. Hit me up if anybody has a gen 1680 bezel for sale.

Sly

post-28963-0-51765600-1300336762.jpg

If i'm not mistaken around july 2010, How about yours.

3+ years old. There may be some issues fitting your movement to the case. Vlydog and Ziggy kicked a "modern" Yuki to the curb do to fitment problems. Although, July may be yet another newer/fixed version. You should be able to tell by the crown/tube area. Was your tube glued in originally, and/or does your new tube go in with ease and is correctly aligned? To clarify, the bad batch of Yuki's seemed to have a tube/crown position that was too low.

Good Position w/703 tube:

9a25pwp1010444.jpg

9a25pwp1010486.jpg

3+ years old. There may be some issues fitting your movement to the case. Vlydog and The Zigmeister kicked a "modern" Yuki to the curb do to fitment problems. Although, July may be yet another newer/fixed version. You should be able to tell by the crown/tube area.

Are you saying Yuki drilled the hold oversized or something, and used glue to hold the tube in the right place??

:blink:

dizz

Sly,

That looks great. Your Yuki must have been the right configuration? looks like you didn't have any problems with the crown /tube. Is that a service Lumi dial/hands? Really looks nice, like it just got back from a Rolex Service Center with the full spa treatment.

Wondering about the bracelet don't you need a 9315 or 93150? the 93250 bracelet is the one I have on my "P" serial 16610.

Sly,

That looks great. Your Yuki must have been the right configuration? looks like you didn't have any problems with the crown /tube. Is that a service Lumi dial/hands? Really looks nice, like it just got back from a Rolex Service Center with the full spa treatment.

Wondering about the bracelet don't you need a 9315 or 93150? the 93250 bracelet is the one I have on my "P" serial 16610.

A, The dial is washed and the hands I don't. think is a service. You are correct that I should have the 93150 on this one. Yuki had the 93250 without the SEL's which I used for this one. If I find a reasonably priced gen. I'll get it.

Another amazing build, sly. A real beauty!

Thanks M, This build is just how I was inspired by you to build my 1016. I wish I could bring it to the next level like yours. Too many projects right now aside from work and having a 2 yr. old.

Well done. I am begining to believe this is the only Sub anyone needs. :)

I am a believer in that too. This is a watch that i keep coming back too when it comes to taking it to the next level. I hope I'm done with this one:). With the amount of money you spend on a project especially like this one, One would ask, Is it worth it, To someone like me who loves having something that's not out of the box, Yes it is. Considering I could have purchased a gen if you add up all the expenses when this watch started as an all yuki with ETA 2846.

Nice! Case and Dial ... everything look so great!!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The watch looks GREAT!!! Can you please tell me how high that 127 sits above the bezel? Or even, how thick the watch is from bottom to top? I've got a Clark 127 in a 1680 from Reg and the crystal needs to be shaved down (it is WAYYY to tall) and I'm just trying to figure out how much the crystal should be rasied from the bezel.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Looks great mate. Congrats... I got a 5513, yuki case, yuki dial and hands, gen crown and tube and a gen 1520 movement. no bracelet so far. Trying to get a good rep one or a gen one, And eventually I will try to get a gen dial and hands... We'll see.