When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you are building a Tudor Franken - OMG!

cjjoyce1

Well, maybe I just laid a big egg here, but I thought this was a great find for a few reasons. Yes, for the most part, Tudors are ETA's - So are any Calibre's from the likes of Breitling, Tissou, Baume and Mercier, etc. Even Omega's are based off the 2892 - including the co-axial's.

But what made this unique to me was:

Look at the balance. The shock protection and jewel set-up is very unique. Not Incabloc. Not Noviadec (sp?)

The Date-wheel would be Gen - how much do we pay for accurate date wheels? What lengths do we go to to get them?

Look at the calendar wheel set up. This is nothing like the standard ETA's. . .at all.

It may be based on an ETA movement, but look closely at it. It's a far cry from a standard 2824/2836 to my eye.

If I was building a franken - I wouldn't hesitate to pay an extra 80 bucks (or less - 2892's are over 200 new from ofrei) for a Gen movement.

L...I don't believe the 2836-2 day/date wheels are in the right place as the inside of the Tudor jumbo case is signficant larger than a typical DateJust case.

I ment that if you are building a rep, just use a 2836. If you want gen spec then yes you would have to use a 2892 as stated above. I didnt mean the 2836 was the same movement, i ment that it was an alternative. For Chimans project of putting this movement into a gen caseset, this is a good movement for sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Post up pics after you get it installed!

dizz