When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 6263 from Josh/Perfect Clones

prdubis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having problems accessing Perfect Clones? It's extremely slow for me, and a lot of the pictures aren't coming through.

The big changes from the old model seem to be the asymmetrical pushers (finally!) and the new crystal, which is now beveled rather than domed. Endlink fit also looks very good. Other than that, still the same old cartel 6263 as before? I can only see close-ups of the black dial, and that doesn't look too hot to me. Flaws from the past appear to have been carried over, and I'm not crazy about the way that bezel insert looks, either.

Guest Sql_pl

Yes, bezel insert looks weird, possibly sloped a bit too much? 1-1-0 spacing is incorrect like in DW inserts.

Dials are really bad. Too large fonts on ROC. Pushers are too short.

So nothing really changed. You need a nice vintage Daytona, you contact DW :)

Yep, 6:00 dial is frozen. Its a shame they didn't put a little more effort in to the dial. The crown and ROC are way too large and the subdials seem to bee a little too big as well, but overall its a really nice piece and the ST19 movement is probably the best movement available in today's reps. I can definitely see picking one of these up!

Well, I think I stick to my old Silix-6263, with modded subdial. :)

Honestly, I am hard pushed to see the "asymmetrical pushers". The dial is by far the biggest tell for me.

This is my 6263, about four years old.

928_6263pic1.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

The ST19 is a beautiful movement.

DSC_0693.jpg

I agree. The ST19 is not only beautiful, but, more importantly, it is manual-wind & feels/sounds like a V72.

I have never tried, but I suspect you might be able to fit a V72 dial onto an ST19, which might then be made to fit into 1 of DW's asymmetrical pusher 62xx cases. Of course, you would need to freeze the lower subdial, but imagine a cheap, reliable manual-wind movement that feels & sounds like a new V72 & is relatively ubiquitous.

To date, every ST19-powered 62xx Daytona I have seen had weirdly sized or shaped subdials, often bleeding into the minute track, as in this 1

PaulNewmanLemania-withRolexbuckleon.jpg

This may be due to the use of poor quality dials, the usual lack of attention to detail by the factories that make them or it may be due to incorrect spacing of the ST19's subdial pinions.

Food for thought. :g:

I have never tried, but I suspect you might be able to fit a V72 dial onto an ST19, which might then be made to fit into 1 of DW's asymmetrical pusher 62xx cases.

That would be awesome, short of buying an st-19 and actually trying, how could one go about finding out if it would fit? I've never had a V72 Daytona because of the cost of a V72. It would be nice to have properly spaced subdials, even if the counter at 6 is frozen.

Edit to add:

I found this: st19movtdrawing.jpg

So the center of the subdials are apparently 7.81mm from the center of the dial on the ST19. No clue about the V72 though. I do suspect that if there was a cheaper alternative to the V72, besides the V23, people would have already been all over that.

But, since the 6:00 chrono hand is frozen couldn't the hand be affixed to the dial allowing correct subdial placement? If the 3:00 and 9:00 "posts" are in the correct position on the ST-19 then the 6:00 could just have the hand stuck to the dial (being simplistic) and you would have the best of both worlds. Just babbling...

Well according the one Rolex expert and Rep dealer premadonna aka Josh you guys know nothing and these a perfect.

Here is what the man himself told me :rofl:

Hi, 

there is nothing wrong with the dial. 

Back in the 60s.. Rolex is never consistent with dials.. When I make.. it is one of the version.. it is definitely correct ..

Dont be misled by the  smart alecs at the forums... they are post speculative remarks.. Not many people see this watch in person.. I admit I have never seen it .. But i have tons of material and rolex ref books to back my replication... Its shows all the dials made by rolex over different period. 

Thanks

joshua