When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing the price from sales posts after an item is sold

permabull

Before I start, a disclaimer: I'm not referring to any sales posts or members in particular, just trying to hear people's opinions on this.

I would be interested to know why sellers remove the price from their sales posts after the item has sold. Leaving the price in would serve as a good rough guide for people looking to sell or buy in the future wouldn't it? What's wrong with just marking the item SOLD? Unless I'm missing something I don't see how it benefits anyone. Your thoughts?

NO, the Rules Never allowed this and quite frankly, it is becoming all too common lately, even by some long time members who should know better,

At one point we had it so that you couldn't edit a sales post once created. People complained about this but as soon as we can get that functionality back - it will be back.

i would hate not being able to edit my sales posts. so i really hope rwg doesn't take that step back. or at least make edits available to senior members with at least 1,000 posts or something. my $0.02.

+1

It irks me so much to see an edited post. I really wanted to see the selling price and photos. A lot of times its to do research about a particular watch i want to buy

@wheaton26 if there is a viable reason for a sales post to be edited then a mod will do it, other than that we have very strong reasons why we do not want these sales altered after the sale.

If anyone see's this happen we ask that they alert a mod or Co-Admin.

Ken

I DID actually edit my sales threads! I was not aware at that time this was not allowed and i was lazy enough to not correct it when it was brought up :animal_rooster: ..my mistake that now has been corrected. On the question from the OP..why people edit? Can´t say...i myself had no specific reason..just was easier and also more clear that the watch/part was indeed sold. Other foras have a good solution! You can mark threads as sold without editing anything..maybe we should look this over?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Nothing stopping anyone to adding SOLD

What we don't like is the removal of prices and pic's, the reasons should be obvious.

Ken

+1

We have evaluated other Forum software that does have the nice features of marking items sold but in the end, we felt we had a more robust forum by sticking with what we have. I think our Uptime has proved we made the right choice

I always go back and edit the title to say SOLD: PAM XXX from the starting FS: PAM XXX

Simple and the history is there yet when searching the sales threads it makes it clear this one is sold

I usually use cross off method, if watch is sold, I will add : sold and cross off text, text will look like this:

I usually use cross off method, if watch is sold, I will add : sold and cross off text, text will look like this:

No point delete price IMHO

As dluddy has already stated, adding "Sold" to the Topic Title is perfectly ok...

Now my thoughts on the subjects here...

First, why we have the rule to begin with...

It ties right into our core philosophy - protecting our membership...

If a dispute arises between seller and buyer on condition and/or parts & movement there is a record of what was originally described...

For sellers to not take the time to read the rules which you HAVE TO SEE when you open a new topic field in the sales forum and then follow them is becoming extremely frustrating...

We have never had to play hardball here with the rules but it's becoming clear to us as a team that we're being taking advantage of...

I've had to address a half dozen senior members in the last week alone...

Comments like this are becoming all to common: "i was lazy enough to not correct it when it was brought up"...

Really?

So...

At the end of the day, it's a pretty easy place to do business...

Sellers mind a few rules, buyers practice good due diligence...

Mod Team drinks Toddy's by the pool and surfs the forum on 60' plasmas...

While being massaged by naked ladies from south America...

You do your part and we'll do ours...

Double T

Mod Team drinks Toddy's by the pool and surfs the forum on 60' plasmas...

While being massaged by naked ladies from south America...

You do your part and we'll do ours...

Double T

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if you sell the watch for less than list and leave the original price you're not telling the truth, but if you adjust every discounted piece after the sale people will lowball even more on your other sales. are we really having some kind of a valid issue here related to people removing the price?

if you sell the watch for less than list and leave the original price you're not telling the truth, but if you adjust every discounted piece after the sale people will lowball even more on your other sales. are we really having some kind of a valid issue here related to people removing the price?

Yes, because it is against the rules ;)

Ever seen this? $600 pretty simple......

Yes, We do not want sales posts modified, so that if a dispute arises, ALL the pertinent facts are available to view.

This is becoming pretty silly.

We DO have the ability to make the posts so they cannot be edited in any way. We have left this off, as a number of members have wanted to be able to edit other parts of their posts. However if people persist, we will simply make post editing unavailable.

And then everyone will get pissed off....for being "controlled", when all we are asking is that a rule is not broken.

• STOP - READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR LISTING
    • You have to be a supporting member to list any item for sale on RWG
    • Your Sale should have a complete description of the Item
    • Condition of the Item should be clearly stated
    • Shipping payment and instructions clearly stated
    • Pictures & Prices are mandatory
    • Any & all special terms must be clearly posted in the sale (payment methods, post count, membership length or status, etc...)
    • Your listing cannot be edited after it's posted - ALL pictures and description must not be deleted or changed in both your original post and the Topic Title
    • Any questions about these rules should be addressed prior to the listing
    • Violation of these rules will result in your privilege to sell on this forum being suspended
    • Sales with a value of $1500 or above has to be approved by the admin team. Please read our High Values Sales Rules
    • Thanks - The RWG Team~
    • There have been 2 trading areas lost recently, due to members not complying with board rules.

If you want further limits put on the way the board operates....just keep ignoring the rules....Simple really!

Offshore

MP- I'm not disputing the fact that it's a rule but since we're having this discussion already, how does crossing out the price help me in my above mentioned scenario? Moreover, have you ever tried asking the buyer if the price should stay? I did for a while and not one person wanted to price to show.

For those members that delete the price and replace it with Sold, what are your reasons?

It seems obvious why you shouldn't do it....as there are so many reasons it needs to be there after the sale.

But why do they do it? I really want to know.

If the watch sells for less under PM negotiations you are under no obligation to post the final selling price, just don't remove anything from the original sales listing, I really don't get how that is so hard to understand? If you want to add the final selling price to the sale you can if you want, totally up to you.... :)

Does receiving a low ball offer really mean you have to sell it to that person? You are somehow forced to sell the watch, even if you don't want too? :lol: