When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help identifying value of vintage rolex

fotoman

Heck, I'm thinking it's around 1960. Like a 6694 Oysterdate Precision- these were produced into the early 80's, later models had the stick markers. This dial has the earlier hour markers, but the later straight hands. I agree with JAG's evaluation- $850+ or -.

"Heck, I'm thinking it's around 1960. Like a 6694 Oysterdate Precision- these were produced into the early 80's, later models had the stick markers. This dial has the earlier hour markers, but the later straight hands. I agree with JAG's evaluation- $850+ or -."

I agree. Oysterdate on the dial = manual wind with slow set date, cal 1215/1225. Dial markers look like 1960's and the hands may be later replacements.

I have a 6694 (882xxxx serial number) made in the mid 1980s with flat top cyclops crystal, rectangular applied markers with luminous dots at the edge, and luminous square tip hands. It looks a bit more 'modern' than the one in the picture but they are essentially the same watch.

Genuine hoods and bracelets are hard to find.

One of the best watches rolex made imho.

• 1 month later...

Just have it seized in a justice department raid and people pay stupid prices. There were maybe 5 good retail prices out of 100 pieces. The best being the concord tourbillon on the side of the watch 25 made this was 13/25 retail 337k auction 100k. For a few minutes they were stick at 14k I was jumping up and down

I amy not be right but a while back on TRF a lady had a 1966 Cosograph....blue dial...they said that was THE first year od Cosomgraph that eventually became the Daytona.....it went for 100 grand.....I am not sure yur friend has a Cosomograph cause for sure they were NOT Daytona's in 45.....just my opinion

• 6 months later...