When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thursday W/C

thogaa

Day 5 with El Peruano:

i-5NP4DxQ-X3.jpg

Great pic (reminds me of some of Avitt's, which were the impetus for my early DW builds) & still a beauty. :wub:

You might give some thought to toning down the newness of the pushers a bit. I slightly sand/polish the upper edges of the pusher buttons & apply a wee bit of silicone grease to the exposed section of the pusher shaft, which will discolor to a nice rust color. Certainly, your watch looks stunning as it is & this bit of enhanced patina is barely perceptible, but, as they say, God is in the details

flat4bezel0111.jpg

Great pic (reminds me of some of Avitt's, which were the impetus for my early DW builds) & still a beauty. :wub:

You might give some thought to toning down the newness of the pushers a bit. I slightly sand/polish the upper edges of the pusher buttons & apply a wee bit of silicone grease to the exposed section of the pusher shaft, which will discolor to a nice rust color. Certainly, your watch looks stunning as it is & this bit of enhanced patina is barely perceptible, but, as they say, God is in the details

Thanks, freddy! Avitt's were early inspirations, as were yours, Ubi's, and vlaletom's remarkably well-photographed 6263.

My original thinking was to match the pushers with the pristine-looking crown, so that they all look like replacement units. But I like your suggestions. I'll give the grease treatment a go, and hit the pushers with some fine-grit, so that they don't clash as much with the bezel and case sides.