When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with my new PO 42MM from Mary

Watcher1

Hi guys, I am fairly new to the forum but have always had a look to see what's going on and have been on the look out for a good dealer to buy from. I selected Mary after reading a few positive posts from other members. So I ordered the PO 42mm swiss at$310.

However, after receiving the watch I was dissappointed to find that the watch has a few issues. Not knowing to much about the rep world and the quality, am I being to picky with the problems I have listed below or is this the norm? I have sent Mary an email but as yet I haven't had a reply. Here are the problems;

• Dust under the glass above the date.

• Small mark on the AF above the 12 o’clock position

• The marker at the 6 o’clock position is not straight

• There is a very small mark on the number six

• The clasp is scratched

• The link next to the clasp is scratched

• Clasp is very hard to close

• The small ring around the pearl at the top of the bezel is flawed. There are gaps around the ring and the quality of the ring is not good.

Wwould really appriciate any feedback/comments.

Thanks!

No, The pics she sent didn't show any of these problems!

See what she says. It's probably going to suck sending it back though, you'll probably have to live with the marks and perhaps get a modder here to install a new pearl and whatever else is cheap and easy..

If you send it back it could easily be a month or two before you get a new one back, and you'll probably pay to ship it there as well, then you need to hope they send you a better one..

See what she says. It's probably going to suck sending it back though, you'll probably have to live with the marks and perhaps get a modder here to install a new pearl and whatever else is cheap and easy..

If you send it back it could easily be a month or two before you get a new one back, and you'll probably pay to ship it there as well, then you need to hope they send you a better one..

This is what I was thinking. It could end up a whole lot more hassle than it's worth? Can you suggest a modder here in the UK?

Do you really want to return a watch to China over cosmetic issues?

Either do this yourself or have someone do it for you ... touch up the marks in the brushed finish by lightly re-brushing them. Open the watch and puff the dust off the dial ..

As for the clasp .. the PO is notorious for clasp issues. It's common to the breed. There are tutorials here for adjusting the clasp.

You seem to have been around here long enough to know that this is what replica watches are ... flawed ... and Im disappointed that someone with 3 years under their belt doesnt know this yet.

OK.

1. Speck of dust can be fixed for 5 bucks at any watch stall.

2. Scratches on clasp can be fixed with a scotch brite pad and some Cape Cod cloth.

3. Link pin can be pushed in by finger nail most likely. If not, dry a small screw driver, apply pressure with flat side.

4. Crooked marker is barely visible. If it bothers you, send the watch to a modder, it's fixable.

5. The pearl would bother me as well. Get in contact with Mary, maybe she'll offer to send you another insert? Or buy one for a few $ on the bay.

On another note let me add:

You have a keen eye for detail. Congratulations. Try a gen. They're perfect! :)

Val.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update with my communications with Mary. To her credit she did offer a refund but I really didn't want to send the watch back, so after some negotiation she agreed to send me a new braclet and a new bezel and refund $25, which I though was a very fair and proper thing to do. Hats off to Mary!!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give an update with my communications with Mary. To her credit she did offer a refund but I really didn't want to send the watch back, so after some negotiation she agreed to send me a new braclet and a new bezel and refund $25, which I though was a very fair and proper thing to do. Hats off to Mary!!

I think that's about as happy an ending anyone can ask for.