When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Read this Now!

the part that concerns me is that when you check the order status on Sears.com the order doesn't show the product ID or name.

The other guys that bought it, is that the same for you?

yeah when i check my order status it takes me to the "order details" page, where it just has a picture of the ipad and says the name apple -- no other details :huh:

deltatahoe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called Sears Customer Service and was told that they will not Honor this sale. I guess will will see.... :whistling:

Why bring undo attention? I would have let it ride, and see if it slipped through the cracks. ALERTING them to the issue will KILL it for sure. :(

They are obviously not going to honor it, and they don't have to honor it. Pretty much any company dealing in ecommerce has disclaimers that will say this.

Very True, but sometimes there is a disconnect between an order and what goes to the shipping department. No one monitors every transaction, and if the item is a paid in full, authorized CC transaction, the shipping ticket might print to someone only concerned with getting it out the door. Sears notoriously has jacked up computer systems.

It is plausible for an order to be processed, and the shipping dept get the pull and ship request. BUT, now that they have been alerted, any such system gap will be closed. :(

Very True, but sometimes there is a disconnect between an order and what goes to the shipping department. No one monitors every transaction, and if the item is a paid in full, authorized CC transaction, the shipping ticket might print to someone only concerned with getting it out the door. Sears notoriously has jacked up computer systems.

It is plausible for an order to be processed, and the shipping dept get the pull and ship request. BUT, now that they have been alerted, any such system gap will be closed. :(

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...oh well, fun while it lasted

They emailed me that it will be cancelled :(

We apologize we are unable to fulfill your order due to a pricing error. While we attempt to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date, at times an error may occur and we sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. We value your business and look forward to fulfilling your shopping needs in the future.

To view our website content policy, please visit Pricing Policy and scroll to the Disclaimers section.

Sincerely,

Imran Jooma

Senior Vice President, e-Commerce

Imran@customerservice.sears.com

Awww, and I just finished making the popcorn to sit down and see how this would ride out :)

There are so many legal protections in e-commerce it's ridiculous. Fun while it lasted though.

if they ship mine and later say "oh sorry, my mistake pay up", my reply will be "talk to my lawyer". imagine if on line sellers could lure you with a low price, get you to place an order, ship the merchandize and say "opps, you owe me more than 2x what we agreed". ;)

Don't know about the US, but in the UK they would have to deliver as advertised.

This bankrupted the Hoover company many years ago when they promised a ticket to New York worth more than the price of a vacuum cleaner for each vacuum cleaner sold.

Edited by mbjoer

Well this was an entertaining thread. Did the head of e-commerce at Sears tell you guys they were recently hacked and that the poor language was actually written by a guy named Viktor in Russia and you most likely have $30k of charges on your credit card? :lol: Even if it was a legit mistake did you really expect them to honor it? Dream on. :bangin:

Strange that if an item is mispriced in a grocery store and you take it to the register they are obligated by law to sell it at the price marked. Here you have a legal contract with offer, acceptance, and consideration, all the items necessary for enforcement of a contract and they can cancel it at will.

A good lawyer would have his Ipad.