When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Sub Dial Options?

Martyd3

I asked the same question a about 5513 dials. I've been looking at ndtrading and np0234 (eBay) who us a bit cheaper than ndt. I've not seen anything of ndt's dials that suggest they are worth the extra £££'s over yuki etc.

Vintage Rolex forum has a good sales Market forum for gen stuff. Perhaps a gen service dial is the way to go.

Oh and just out if interest where did you get your MBW case, I'm still hunting!

I like ingod44 dials, and they're cheaper. But you kind of have to take what he's got. He has a red 1680 dial or two right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-RED-SUBMARINER-DIAL-REF-1680-METER-FIRST-/280718024135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415c191dc7#ht_3184wt_1163

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-RED-SUBMARINER-REF-1680-/260827294719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba84abff#ht_2371wt_1163

I am waiting on a white 1680 dial from him.

I asked the same question a about 5513 dials. I've been looking at ndtrading and np0234 (eBay) who us a bit cheaper than ndt. I've not seen anything of ndt's dials that suggest they are worth the extra £££'s over yuki etc.

Vintage Rolex forum has a good sales Market forum for gen stuff. Perhaps a gen service dial is the way to go.

I thought NDT and Natalie's Passion (np0234) were the same seller.

There's an ingod 5513 dial listing, if you want to look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-SUBMARINER-5513-METER-FIRST-/260828174206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba92177e#ht_2371wt_1163

Don't forget, the MBW 1680 sub dials are 26.2mm. A gen and regular aftermarket 1680 sub dial is 26.5mm. So you either have to trim the dial, or enlarge the MBW case, neither of which is an easy task as far as I can tell. That's why my MBW red sub just sits, ByTor has taught me to hate the MBW red sub dial and I haven't figured out which way to proceed.

Certainly and Ingod dial would be the cheapest, and if you screw it up trimming it, you haven't broke the bank.

Other than a gen dial, which I won't use, because it's going in an MBW case and needs to be shaved down, what are my options? I have been looking at Yuki. Is there anything better out there?

Thanks.

Marty

Can rework the inside lip of the case so you can use a Gen Dial or is too difficult?

"Don't forget, the MBW 1680 sub dials are 26.2mm. A gen and regular aftermarket 1680 sub dial is 26.5mm. So you either have to trim the dial, or enlarge the MBW case, neither of which is an easy task as far as I can tell."

"Can rework the inside lip of the case so you can use a Gen Dial or is too difficult?"

Going from a 26.2mm dial to a 26.5mm dial would only take a case cut (actual metal removal) of a little bit more than .15mm (a .15mm cut equals .30mm bigger in diameter). Since the 'rehaut' would only be covering .15mm more of the dial, it might not show from the front. If it does show or is too close to the minute marks, it would be easy to cut .15mm away from the dial opening.

Depending on how much clearance was originally allowed for the 25.2mm dial in the MBW case, the cut to accept a 26.5mm dial may not be much at all.

Very good info auto! I'm at a similar point with two watches.

Putting an Ingod 16660 in my SDD and an NDT great white rail in my Josh 1665.

I guess I'll see how it goes, what gets altered... and report back.

:)

hello

iam new with the vintage submariners 1680 but i love these models.

can anyone tell me if 450$ for a new mbk 1680 red sub from thailand are to many???

and when where i can get a cheaper one

greetz andy

$380-$400 seems to be the going rate for a QUALITY controlled piece. i.e the retaining ring gasket has been added.

the MBK dial its self isnt bad at all. looks like a service dial IMO

5777557113_6262a2b5b3_b.jpg

4910247236_4a918b172a_z.jpg