When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK Riots

TeeJay

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what the hell is going on over there!!!???

Some wannabe gangsta got killed by the police last week (they shot first, although he was armed) and the scum of society have been using the opportunity since then to go looting some new trainers and flatscreen TVs :wounded1:

The media here has been a bit fuzzy about what the catalyst was. I've read a few stories in the Sun (on-line) and I just don't understand. I think all of this stuff goes back to the lack of "spare the rod, spoil the child" that was used when I grew up. Little creeps nowadays know that about all they will get is a slap on the wrist so there is no fear of punishment to keep them in line. I don't care what libs think, the only thing that keeps some kids in line until they are actually old enough to understand is fear...

The media here has been a bit fuzzy about what the catalyst was. I've read a few stories in the Sun (on-line) and I just don't understand. I think all of this stuff goes back to the lack of "spare the rod, spoil the child" that was used when I grew up. Little creeps nowadays know that about all they will get is a slap on the wrist so there is no fear of punishment to keep them in line. I don't care what libs think, the only thing that keeps some kids in line until they are actually old enough to understand is fear...

I think you're absolutely right there. The youths of the UK have been able to get away with too much for too long, and combining a generation of apathetic wastes of space with government cutbacks and no prospects, situations like these riots were just waiting to happen. I'm just hoping it gets resolved without the need to turn the UK into a Police State :( Today's news buzz-word: Criminality :bangin:

I agree, J. People wouldn't pull half the [censored] they do if there were actual consequences that came as a result of their actions.

+1 :drinks:

Some wannabe gangsta got killed by the police last week (they shot first, although he was armed) and the scum of society have been using the opportunity since then to go looting some new trainers and flatscreen TVs :wounded1:

I agree, J. People wouldn't pull half the shit they do if there were actual consequences that came as a result of their actions.

Ditto all of the above.

For many years, I railed against the Leave-It-To-Beaver-mentality of the 1950s. But, more & more, I am becoming convinced that I was seriously mistaken. There is something fundamentally wrong today.

Time to bring back the spankings I'd say! I was "disciplined" as a kid and I think it's the best way to teach a kid that there are genuine consequences for doing something wrong. The whole "go stand in the corner and think about what you did" crap is just silly in my opinion. And now, if you spank your child in public suddenly you are a child abuser! :black_eye:

Several years ago I thanked my youngest son (now 29) for not giving me as much grief as his older brother did. His reply indicated that the main thing that kept him in line was not wanting a good thrashing! He has turned out very well and is now a software engineer...

It's already lot of 40 iPhones on London Graiglist for sell ...are they ( looters) moving toward the New Bond street ? :bangin:

Rolex for 1K, without B&P ?

I can just see the eBay adverts now...

"Looted from a London store, so I'm passing the savings on to you!!!!" :lol:

It's a big shame. Senseless youth are taking to the streets not for a genuine cause. They are only looting and causing havoc because they are bored and lazy to participate in real life. We must show zero tolerance to this.

Can't agree more with this. I really hope that something is done soon and not too many of the idiots walk away without punishment. Stay safe people.

Time to bring back the spankings I'd say!

I was thinking the problem lies more with the parents & cultures than with the kids. Whipping errant cultures into shape & making it once again politically fashionable to be able to publicly describe cultural shortcomings would cure a whole host of societal problems.

I was thinking the problem lies more with the parents & cultures than with the kids. Whipping errant cultures into shape & making it once again politically fashionable to be able to publicly describe cultural shortcomings would cure a whole host of societal problems.

Absolutely spot on. Personally, I blame the UK's shameful rate of underage and unwanted pregnancies, the result being, a generation of apathetic wasters with misplaced feelings of entitlement, or, as UK TV host Jeremy Kyle says, the issue is "Kids raising kids". There is a real lack of respect for authority/anyone in much of todays UK youths, and fifteen years of a system of nambypamby do-gooders, has resulted in these youths never being held accountable for their behaviour, and the results of that lack of discipline have now been made clear for the rest of the world to see... :wounded1:

Being a Londoner it sickens me to see this. Fact is the government have allowed a 4th class to be created over the last 10-15 years with Many poor decisions, both in education, income support and more.

These are a generation of vermin who believe the world owes them everything and if they can't have it they steel it. In most cases the parents are just as bad and expect the schools to fix there bad parenting. Sadly we don't have the quality of teachers in many areas, or the discipline that I had (the fear of getting the cane at school did not do me any harm at all)

I was in north London and saw with my own eyes parents pulling up outside jdsports and letting there young kids roll in to take what they wanted as there was no fear of being reprimanded. And it's not just kids, I saw a couple in there 40's using a shopping cart to wheel down the road a flat screen tv they just still... It's disgusting.

A family owned furniture business for more then 100 years was burnt to the ground, the Sony distribution centre was robbed then burnt to the ground. Because of there action over 300 people in these instances alone now have no job. And who will be paying for the repairs, us the tax payer because it is being classed as a riot which gives most insurance companies immunity from claims.

If it were up to me, I'd drown the lot of them... Rant over.

I once heard this "one of the worst things that can happen to a Brit is to be embarrassed for his actions".

I guess that doesn't apply here.

They need to put back hardline governments that will dole out serious consequences.

Too many bleeding hearts and feelings, and everyone is still rioting because they knows the cops and government won't do anything.

If that was Afghanistan and the Taliban was in charge that riot would last 10 minutes.

We let people have a little too much freedom and this is what happens.

Sad to say, but as bad as things are now, this is just a warm-up to Britain's (& the EU's) real problem, which is just around the corner - Islam & sheria law.

That has what, precisely to do with riots and hooliganism :unsure: The scum who've been kicking off have likely never even picked up a copy of the Qur'an :lol: