When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Asian 3135 Clone

milesd

my question is when you set the time on this movement in which direction the hand are turning.

when you set the time on a gen and turn the crown clockwise the hands turning clockwise but in eta reps anticlockwise.

if they done this..i am completely satisfied!!

HUH? I have many ETA gen and rep watches...when you turn the crown clockwise hands turn clockwise. Same as with the Rolex movements.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it looks like the gen 3135 is purely incidental. If they managed to make a movement that had the same dimensions, stem height, rolex hand size and datewheel acceptable as well as dial feet positions then we would be just as excited. Those are far more critical factors when considering a movement like this.

it does look like they have re enginerred the whole movement, but looking at the balance assembly and shock absorber it looks like the DG type so we may be looking at the going train from the DG movements, on a better not i can see what looks to be balance bridge height adjusters under the balance bridge of the asian there which would be nice

I think it looks like they did not replicate the microstella adjustment screws. The rep movement uses a regulator arm instead of a free sprung balance...

exactly why i said this thing is probably junk with zero availability of parts down the road. im assuming really only the keyless works functions like gen and the rest are made to eta dimensions including the pinions

The case actually looks too thin.

If you zoom in on the back side, you can actually see a "divot" caused by the crown tube encroaching upon the back edge of the case. I don't think the case is any better than a noob case, except for a better crown position due to the use of a clone 3135.

RLX-2011-08-20-01-08_enl.jpg

This is apparently because Seagull purchased the original equipment for making the Venus movement from the Swiss when the Swiss discontinued production.

The story that I read about the ST-19 was that the equipment went to the Russians and then they sold it to the Chinese.