When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Irene

maxman

Im about three hours,200 mi away from the coast. Just filled the car with gas and picked up some extra water,batteries and booze. :pardon: It looks like Irene's winds are around 120mph at some points. I just wanted to say to those of you who might feel the effects of the hurricane,"stay safe my friends" :drinks: Mike

Any time, bro :drinks: And that goes for all you East Coast Cats, batten down the hatches, stay safe, and if you must go looting, I rather fancy an iPadII, thankyou very much :whistling:

You know, I hadn't thought of the looting.....farthest thing from my mind.

But now with recent events..the flashmobs, England, the president's waining popularity- and a high probability of him not being reelected..and just all the tension and unrest in general...

It is very likely this may be the mother of all lootings. It was bad at Katrina but this may be huge. Prayers sent for the people in that area.

You know, I hadn't thought of the looting.....farthest thing from my mind.

But now with recent events..the flashmobs, England, the president's waining popularity- and a high probability of him not being reelected..and just all the tension and unrest in general...

It is very likely this may be the mother of all lootings. It was bad at Katrina but this may be huge. Prayers sent for the people in that area.

Given it happened when Katrina hit, I'm expecting no different this time... Just hoping folks stay safe :pray:

I went over to the beach last evening and saw we lost the next generation of sea turtles. All the nests seem to have washed away and the beach was littered with turtle eggs, mostly smashed. Surfers were having a good time though. Waves about 8 to 10' off Palm Beach.

Best of luck to the people on the Outer Banks of the Carolinas. Looks like they'll get hammered and it could be very expensive up in the New York City area.