When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9/11 W>C

vlydog

If you are unaware of what they are doing on that site for a memorial, check it out ... I think the designs they went with are just breathtaking.

Two 200ft x 200ft square waterfalls, 30 ft deep where the buildings were, lined in black marble and 400 trees on the surrounding grounds .. the names of everyone who died are cut into a wide bronze railing around each of the waterfalls.

post-22602-0-00861700-1315708561.jpg

I watched a very cool program on CNN last night called Beyond 9/11: Portraits of Resilience. It was a very good Documentary made by HBO and they connected a lot of First Hand experiences from different perspectives from people who were in the towers. It got a little too political toward the end, but overall it was very good. They will allow you to watch the entire Documentary tomorrow at 8:46 AM, the time when the North Tower was hit by Flight 11.

It's worth a watch.

http://www.time.com/time/beyond911/

911.jpg

"Late in the morning of the Tuesday that changed everything, Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney was on a runway at Andrews Air Force Base and ready to fly. She had her hand on the throttle of an F-16 and she had her orders: Bring down United Airlines Flight 93. The day’s fourth hijacked airliner seemed to be hurtling toward Washington. Penney, one of the first two combat pilots in the air that morning, was told to stop it.

"The one thing she didn’t have as she roared into the crystalline sky was live ammunition. Or missiles. Or anything at all to throw at a hostile aircraft.

"Except her own plane. So that was the plan."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/f-16-pilot-was-ready-to-give-her-life-on-sept-11/2011/09/06/gIQAMpcODK_story.html?sub=AR

“Today, we gather to be reassured that God hears the lamenting and bitter weeping of Mother America because so many of her children are no more. Let us now seek that assurance in prayer for the healing of our grief stricken hearts, for the souls and sacred memory of those who have been lost. Let us also pray for divine wisdom as our leaders consider the necessary actions for national security, wisdom of the grace of God that as we act, we not become the evil we deplore.” - Rev. Nathan Baxter

wtcfranklin.jpg

It is hard to have a truly "united" world, but whatever the differences, people must show each other respect. 10 years ago, individuals showed no respect and heart and had to do something that goes against everything that the majority of the world's population believe in.

Peace is never easy, peace does not start by writing up agreements or merely shaking hands in front of cameras. Peace is the Way of Mind.

If we are peaceful within, peace will radiate from that individual to other individuals.

I hope that we all individually stay humble and peaceful within ourselves and allow our example to be radiated across nations.

cfi04.jpg

I changed my whole viewpoint on life.. that day.

Prayers to all that suffered and those that still suffer with loss

Thank you vly for starting this thread

Me too Randy...I heard Beemer's wife say this morning, "Thank you for your courage, LETS ROLL" I got seriously emotional.

Gave me goose bumps watching it. Very well done.

I was in NYC right after it happened and saw many very impressive gestures of humanity and solidarity.

Unfortunately politics and the media have abused these and changed their direction for their own purposes.

Hopefully this anniversary will remind people again about the true values in life....