When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW PICS! My new 5513 project is starting today...and finished!

Omega

Everything! ;)

Watch is after 6 hours of work finished. Sorry for the dust and fingerprints, but it's made in a quick session with my iphone...:D

BTW, specs: Everything gen, except case (fully modded MBW case), hands and movement (ETA slowbeat 2789). Have fun:

WIvxm5imvLUN.jpg

L6bcPcxHqt3u.jpg

s0f85TYBLp5f.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. :)

Thought you were going hardcore on this one with gen movement and phong case.. Good job there Bobby :)

No, not with this one. It would be a expensive project - just too close to a gen's 5513 price. But I will put this one in next weeks for sale, and for my next project (1680) I will go with the full package - with phong case and gen movement...;)

Some more details about the build (to cover the 6 hours of work) : :D

- MBW 5513 L series case, thinned case, CG's shaved from inside and outside, drilled lugholes, made sharp edge on top of the bezel (I must say - it is the best MBW case I owned! The inlay is popped in without shaving it down, and there is still nearly a half mm notch 'till top!)

- 2789 ETA slowbeat movement, date change parts are removed and converted it from three to two setting positions

- hands relumed with custom non glowing pigment mix to match the tritium markers (same mixture used for the pearl)

- gen inlay, removed the luminova and replaced with the custom mix

- gen tritium dial with flat S

- gen 580 endlinks

- gen 93150 bracelet

- gen springbars

- gen 25-19 plexy

- gen 703 vintage crown

- gen tube

Hi,

the lugs are thinned over 1mm each, and I've shaped a new bevel. It's maybe because the angle - but the bevels are there. :)

I will make some new pics these days...;)

I am very happy with the 2789 movements, and I will always use them in future if I find them! The rotor is not noisy like on the 28xx models.

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. :)

No, not with this one. It would be a expensive project - just too close to a gen's 5513 price. But I will put this one in next weeks for sale, and for my next project (1680) I will go with the full package - with phong case and gen movement...;)

Unfortunately I suspect you will find the 1680 gen movement project is equally uneconomic. I went down that path and quickly found myself at too much money given that you can find a reasonable 1680 in the $4k range and the parts got me well over 50% of gen even with some good prices on various parts.

Unfortunately I suspect you will find the 1680 gen movement project is equally uneconomic. I went down that path and quickly found myself at too much money given that you can find a reasonable 1680 in the $4k range and the parts got me well over 50% of gen even with some good prices on various parts.

That's true, but I have a dial which was very cheap. Now I am searching for a broken 1570 which I would repair, to push the costs down most as possible. All other parts I have laying here around. The phong case will be the most expensive in that project, though...:(