When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys....just discoverd this hidden treasure of a fragance. If you like the Pure Malt Pure Havane Pure Coffee line from Thierry Mugler...then you're going to love this one.

Animale Animale by Animale Parfumes(1994). I purchased a 3.3oz bottle from Amazon for $20.00.....thats right...$20.00...and this stuff Is fantastic. Many In the fragance community believe that Thierry Mugler was Inspired by this sent. After wearing It a few days I agree. The original Angel Men came out In 1996...so ya...I believe that Thierry was motivated by Animal Animal. When I first heard about this fragance I thought It would be a cheep knock off of A*Men....I could not have been more wrong. In a word....this [censored] Is AWESOME.

At about 1/4 of the price or less...you get the best notes from Pure Havane and Pure Malt...does it really get any better than that? To my nose...no It does not. I've been wearing Animale Animale for about three days now. What can I say...I just love it. The thing that keeps going through my mind is..."how can they make something this good for this price"? :g: I guess It just go's to show you how over priced many of the Niche and designer fragrances are. For example Pure malt and Pure Havane go for around $125.00 on Amazon for a 3.4oz. Thats when there In stock...which Is not often. You can do a bit better on the flea but I have had some negative experences on ebay. So I dont purchase my cologne there anymore. To many fakes and [censored] to deal with. If you have found a good seller on ebay ...fine. If not...stay away.

Animal Animal has very good projection and longevity....not as good as A*Men...but very good none the less. It also dosen't have that harsh tar note that you get at the opening of A*Men. I dont really mind It but I dont really miss it either. Animale Is a smoother fragrance IMO. It's also more versatile than A*Men. I can see wearing this In almost any situation...be It work or play. I would wear this most likely In the cooler weather but many also wear it durring the warmer weather. I've been wearing It durring these hot summer days and have no Issues with It...like cloying. It really Is a one of those hidden gems that we find from time to time. The notes come together so very well In this fragrance.

So if you are a fan of A*Men....In particular PM PH...and who isn't? ;) Then you MUST give Animale Animale a try. I'll leave some reviews and a video down below. Cheers :drinks:

Mike

http://www.basenotes...ID26120103.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axw2q-xquWA

Haha cheers Mike. I've heard so much about AA but never tried it. Based on your review I'll give it a shot for sure now.

But talking of TM, guess what's coming out in October??

http://www.fragranti...Cuir-16043.html

Good to hear from you lobster. Thanks for the link... Im going to have to check that new TM out.;)

Mike

Hey, haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one but my fav of all time is amouage reflection man. Made for the sultan of Oman I believe it is amazing.

It's pretty good. My favourites from that house is Jubilation but now even better, the newest release, Interlude Man. Woody, smoky, vannilerish fragrance perfect for the colder months.

I wear john varvatos vintage, burberry (red box) and zegna sport. I would like to try Creed but everytime i see one that i like its unisex im not crazy about that. If anyone has a Creed that has a nice smell but its for men only please let me know. For the people that say deodrant. I use non scented soap and non scented deodrant.

I wear john varvatos vintage, burberry (red box) and zegna sport. I would like to try Creed but everytime i see one that i like its unisex im not crazy about that. If anyone has a Creed that has a nice smell but its for men only please let me know. For the people that say deodrant. I use non scented soap and non scented deodrant.

Most people I know say Creeds "Green Irish Tweed" Is there favorite. I like It but dont love it...a little to green for my taste. Maybe you should try a sample to see how you like it. It's very expensive......like all Creeds. Here's a good place to purchase decants at reasonable prices .http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Mike