When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seller warning not to post QC pics on forum, is this normal?

picoweb

I also just placed an order from this same vendor (I assume) and was puzzled by the language asking me not to post the pics. I imagine, though, it could lead to a lot of headaches for the dealer, so it's probably just not worded in the best manner possible. I got the notice in the mail yesterday, so today I get to head to the post office to pick it up. Cannot wait, as this is my first rep.

Let us know what you think about your new watch. :)

Mike

All I can say is that I have received QC pics from a dealer and received a DIFFERENT watch. When I complained there was some silly explanation that "this is a very popular model and my business partner must have make a mistake".

QC pics are just for the dealers to protect themselves from those buyers that say "oh my watch is not working", "the dial is damaged", etc. It's NOT to help you.

Some dealers use the same QC pics for various orders of the same watch, so if you post them, they need to take new ones...

All I can say is that I have received QC pics from a dealer and received a DIFFERENT watch. When I complained there was some silly explanation that "this is a very popular model and my business partner must have make a mistake".

QC pics are just for the dealers to protect themselves from those buyers that say "oh my watch is not working", "the dial is damaged", etc. It's NOT to help you.

Dealers do post pics for their own protection and to stimulate sales but it is also for your own protection. If you get a watch which is clearly different from the QC pics and the dealer's note specifically states that the pics are of your watch then you should complain. IMHO, if it is a different watch and you are unhappy he should be talking it back. That is not the forum talking - just me. If he doesn't you shouldn't be doing business with him. And you should post it in the reviews section. The broader membership wants to know if a dealer is abusing the QC pics system. That way you know to either ignore the QC pics of that specific dealer or the dealer altogether. I had no idea this was happening. In my limited experience the QC system had worked both to the favor of the dealer and me at the time. It saved both of us a lot of aggravation. It is one thing if a dealer does not offer QC pics and you can decide whether you are willing to buy on that basis. It is a whole other thing if a dealer is using bogus QC pics to abrogate his responsibility. The membership should know and it will help each individual make their own decision. We are here to protect each other - not the dealers. :)

At the risk of being called Fanboy ...

I think building a good reputation with your dealer IS helpful. I've had polite comms with my TD for several transactions, and when the movement on my ExpII packed in I sent it back and he fixed it and shipped it back EMS free of charge. Now he may have done that anyway but I am sure that the polite comms (and the colour of my money) helped.

Clearly experiences of receiving a different watch from that in the QC pics should be shared with the community, but I think this sort of thing is likely the exception rather than the rule. I've had just one issue with a QC image set and it was dealt with promptly.

I suspect the TDs get quite a lot of email traffic as it is. Large volumes of queries relating to individual watch sales is going to slow things down so speeding up the QC process has to be in everyone's benefit.

BTW- PWC does not send QC pix. He' s been sick and his sub-forums are closed on the other boards.

I know J & A request no QC be posted on the boards, that doesn't bother me. RG does have a QC pic sub-forum.

It's true that some people are very critical of the reps- "15 sec/day off on timegraph, 6 marker is 1mm. off, etc, etc"

Most of these people do not belong in the rep game- they have unrealistic expectations. The dealers just sell watches that the factories make,

and they come with flaws. If there's a glaring mistake, then ask for another rep. I don't see the need for post like 'please check my Noob 111' it looks

like almost all the others, except of course the occ. lemon.

Edited by Noel Fleischer

Just one obvious point....

If a dealer gets his buyers to keep their QC pic's off the forums then how do you compare?

How do you know the same pic's are not sent to everyone who buys that model?

Sorry I'm calling bull..

Ken

Just one obvious point....

If a dealer gets his buyers to keep their QC pic's off the forums then how do you compare?

How do you know the same pic's are not sent to everyone who buys that model?

Sorry I'm calling bull..

Ken

Ken, I told you to give me my can opener back dammit, now I got worms everywhere

Thanks for everyone's replies, greatly appreciated.

I do understand that this is the dealers business and my hobby so priorities will be focused accordingly, that being said the dealer in question has been very good with keeping me updated especially after I rejected the first watch for not having the markers on the numerals correctly, he reviewd the QC pics and agreed. He is now sourcing another piece to send QC pics of. This leads me to think that the QC are taken else where and if approved the price is shipped. Personally I don't blame him, if I was running his business I would put the responsibility of the purchase on the consumer, after all it is a hobby and what might not be acceptable to one person might be another's dream watch.

In this case all QC pics are unique to the watch ordered and have been on previous orders as the watch has a unique number on a sticker which is visible on the strap and comes with the watch when posted.

Hopefully I should have new QC pics this week to look at.

Like many others on this forum I'm not the most experienced so i do truly value other people's opinions. I have been lucky enough that a few members have PM me offering there advice on the QC pics should I need it, thank you.

@Picoweb : I'm glad your QC experience has been a positive one. This is the benefit of buying from a trusted dealer. Before I found RWG I tried ordering a few reps and homages from various sites, and generally my experience was very unsatisfactory - wrong colour watch, and even a completely different model one occasion.

I hope your watch will fulfill your expectations when it arrives...

Best wishes

N

The sellers comments are unreasonable and should be ignored.

The comments QC pics have attracted here are no different in quality from other postings on the fora. It is for the purchaser to determine which comments he/she wishes to take aboard.

Not everybody knows what to look for and posting on a forum can be a great help. It does not mean that all nit-opicking comments are valid, but quite a few are.

When there really are issues with a watch it is much better to have then resolved while the watch is still in China. To do so should be as much in the dealers' interest as in the buyers'.

I would get highly sceptical if my dealer sent me that kind of message.

my brother got the same message from one of the main trusted dealers here yesterday. I would have been worried, but because he is probably one of the top 3 dealers here, we just decided that it was ok. I have read post after post after post how good he is. Perhaps thats his method until he builds a relationship with his customers?

The bottom line is that dealers don't want you to reject too many watches in the QC photo process. That is their own problem. You are going to pay hundreds of dollars for a watch and should ask for the opinion of someone with an eye for "what is good and what is bad"

Yes there will be over-analyzation of the watch photos but you have to filter out the hyper-critical comments on your own. Listen to the reasonable comments and ignore the comments of the chronic disparagers.

Maybe is should be Mandatory that for every QC you post a subsequent wristie and review photo is required as a follow up. Personally I'm bored to bits of the same old QC pics being posted but if the poster then added their own pics to the post once it arrived then we could see if it is infact the same watch.

You are bound to get irrelevant and fabricated comments... It also affects our relationship.

That's just plain stupid. Do the dealers think we're five years old? How the f*ck will posting QC pictures affect our relationship? Next time we are ready to pay them 350 $ for a replica they're going to say: "No way, our relationship is deeply affected!" Give me a break... I will post my QC pictures wherever I like. Just change the file name and blur the stick-ons with the number on them.

452336.jpg