When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wearing two watches

alterego

I was watching a soccer game and noticed the referee was wearing two watches. A digital looking like a G shock and what seemed a Daytona.

I read read somewhere that many people do. If you needed two time pieces on your wrists what would those be ?

Personally I'd have my gen Sub on my left wrist and my rep Breguet Type X on my right. I think those two are the best in the sports watch category.

Hope someone reads this.

Best

While out hiking or doing coastal research for my job I do somtimes wear a casio pathfinder triple sensor on left wrist for its digital compass and altimeter functions while I have a normal analoug watch on my right wrist so I can look quickly and make note of the time...I also know some divers who wear 2 while diving-although one is a dive computer and the other a dive watch.

A family member in the uk special forces also wears 2-while on ops, one will tell the time and the other will count down the mission time...

I think if its for a specific reason a lot of people wear 2 watches at the same time-not sure about the fasion statement reason though!

A digital looking like a G shock and what seemed a Daytona.

Well then the daytona must be just for posing. If you have a gshock on one wrist theres no need for any other watch. The Gshock can do everything that the other watch can do and do it better.

There once was a man from Corfu,

Who wore watches, not one but two,

A Pan on his wrist, that looked like a clock,

The other, a Rolex, that he wore on his...

If he asked you to wind it, would you?

Haha! Classic!

Never worn two watches, but I would wear a 'wrist device', ie MP3 player, GPS unit on my spare wrist if circumstances called for it.

+1 On Maradona (and others wearing two watches on day to day basis) looking stupid though. I mean really, what's the point? If a watch was so unreliable that I needed a back up, I wouldn't wear it in the first place, and would just wear the back up :whistling: As I've said before folks, the right watch for the right situation :good: I wouldn't wear my Suunto Vector clone to a formal dinner, and likewise, I wouldn't wear my DateJust while going abseiling :lol: