When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2678 TC Submariner

tc670207

Rehaut engraving....yes...that's a deal breaker for me.

It seems the factories haven't ever got it right (though the Milgauss is close) but this engraving looks much too deep to remove.

Once removed the risk of the dial not fitting becomes an issue.

It would help to know the ID of the rehaut and the OD's of the dial and crystal.

Removing too much of the rehaut (and that engraving looks "very" deep to me) cxan affect both dial and crystal seating surfaces.

I've owned both the WM9 v2 and v3 versions...the v2 was always my favorite but at that time I wasn't aware of the hand size difference.

The 2678 with that brass adaptor ring certainly does eliminate any rotor/winding noise...at least it did on mine.

This case takes a gen Cal.3135 leaving the crown position exactly per gen.

Will the 2678 adaptor leave it at the same height as well ??

Crown position will be the same.

So what will happen to the TW sub now? That one is over 600$ right? Or am i wrong?

Guess tw sub is history/dead now?

I wouldn't say the BK TW sub is dead. It looks great in his posts and comparisons but there isn't a direct comparison with the BK TW sub.

TC has not delievered the watch to members yet. I am waiting on one from him to review. I will compare it to my franken BK TW sub.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I wouldn't say the BK TW sub is dead. It looks great in his posts and comparisons but there isn't a direct comparison with the BK TW sub.

TC has not delievered the watch to members yet. I am waiting on one from him to review. I will compare it to my franken BK TW sub.

I will do a full review when i get it! This one in this Topic is mine, TC is building this one for me stay tuned part two will fillow soon :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

anyone been in contact with TC in the last few days? I've tried to contact him a few times with now luck.

I was in contact with him this morning by email.

He is very bizy at the moment.

Im sure all of you will hear back from him soon

So what will happen to the TW sub now? That one is over 600$ right? Or am i wrong?

Guess tw sub is history/dead now?

The other thing BK has going for him is several years' worth of track record of delivering what he promises and not disappearing with peoples' money.

I'm a bit suspicious of this TC Submariner, to be honest. Too many things look identical to the old WM9 watches for my comfort. He has shown a WM9 case before, and the 2678 is the old WM9 v2 movement.

Could be he found the guy that bought the old WM9 production, could be a coincidence... or he could be George trying to re-start his business. We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'd much rather pay a small premium to BK (who I trust) than send $400+ to a new builder who has not yet delivered a single watch. In time that may change, but it's not going to change overnight.

yeah ideally. this is what i wanted, but i thought just asking for no engraving alone would be pushing my luck ;)

jmb could always add the lugholes after purchase

FxrAndy :Pay attention , the 14060 case is small that 16610 one.

They are different, and if you want one relly correct REP,

is not possible to transform data type in No-data type.

highoeyazmuhudee :About lugholes, yes of course,

wile (IMO) factory made holes are sure perfect made....

Edited by rosnik

Sorry but that does not make sence to me. if you are stuggling then write it in german

What does a 14060 solid end link look like exactly, does it just look exactly like the old endlinks with just more metal inside??? If so mute point as the it looks just as good as the old one but heavyer, if it looks like a 16610 end link then it does not look as good as the clasic 14060.

There are Some parallels with George and some of these parts I'm sure Are from the same factories! I think he is too busy making case moulds to bother with the small mark up on these little projects but time will tell. I have a v serial case set on route to me. I'm surprised Bert has not passed any comment on this yet!

Sorry but that does not make sence to me. if you are stuggling then write it in german

What does a 14060 solid end link look like exactly, does it just look exactly like the old endlinks with just more metal inside??? If so mute point as the it looks just as good as the old one but heavyer, if it looks like a 16610 end link then it does not look as good as the clasic 14060.

Andy,

There is no 14060 with solid end links. The 14060 basically uses the 5513 case with an additional grove for the case back gasket, a different case back, different crystal retaining ring, bezel and of course different crystal..

Rosnik is correct on the different case sizes. The 14060 uses a completely different case!

Andy,

There is no 14060 with solid end links. The 14060 basically uses the 5513 case with an additional grove for the case back gasket, a different case back, different crystal retaining ring, bezel and of course different crystal..

Rosnik is correct on the different case sizes. The 14060 uses a completely different case!

Yepp, different Case, also the diameter of the crystal and also Dial is smaller than on 16610.