When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superlumed 1:1(so called) Sea-Dweller 16600 short review

watcher

Right guys!!

Here we go.

I'm fairly short on time but here is the answer you have beenwaiting for.

Dial is very nice with good superlume glow and also on the pearl which is not that bad and does have a nice pearly finish to it.

Datefont is correct with nicely spaced 11, 21 and 31.

Bracelet is poor!! Horrible shaped end links and very flimsy!

The crown is slightly too thick and the CG's slightly too short but not as bad in the flesh as the QC pics suggest.

The Bezel is pretty well done with a nicely polished edge. Maybe the teeth good be a bit deeper but a massive issue in the flesh.

Lug shape is slightly wrong and looks worse in pics than reality. They need squaring off a bit as they taper down to the end.

Caseback is fine with nice engraving.

The movement is the superclone ETA marked in this case 2834-2 with crappy Rolex markings but seems to be running smoothly enough. Time will tell on that score.

Am I annoying you yet!!!!! Get to the main area of concern you say!!!! Well.......................................................................................

.........................................................Ok guys, the REHAUT ISSUE!!!

The crystal is crap in one word!! It is certainly making the rehaut look incorrect in some of dealer QC pics although this is a much improved version of course!!

Ok here we go. YES!!! the rehaut is better and is a separate piece as on a genuine SD16600. The crystal sits on top of the detachable rehaut inside a thin gasket. The crystal has asmooth edge and no ridge as on a Sub crystal.

I have a gen crystal arriving this week but I doubt I can fit it but we will see soon enough!

I have to go to work now but here are some pics to explain better.

003-19.jpg

001-19.jpg

015-1.jpg

012-4.jpg

016-1.jpg

007-10.jpg

010-2.jpg

008-10.jpg

So in short:

Bracelet is wrong and unfixable

Crystal is wrong and unfixable

Crown is wrong but fixable with new

Bezel insert is wrong but fixable with new

Pearl is unusable

Case is wrong shape but can be fixed

Crown guards shape is wrong but fixable

Crown guards are too short and not fixable

Dial and hands are ok

Case back ok

Datewheel ok but not as good as. Bk or TC overlay

And let's remember this is a 1:1 rep.

Thanks for the great review, but it's still say stay away from this cheap and poor attempt.

Edited by its_urabus

This one has no etched crown but the side of the crystal needs to be more vertical and the top edge more curved. Slightly thinner and it would be good enough then. I should hopefully have my gen crystal before the weekend to do another review price.

The watch is not bad for what it is but not 1:1 as boasted! And they never will be.

post-4085-132865389413.jpg

Gen pic. I still think the guards are short.

If it takes a gen crystal that's good.

But the crappy bracelet is a huge problem. The sub bracelet has a

Different sel than a sd. Automatic tell. There are too many flaws for this one. Maybe the next one will be better.

Which way does the hev press? In or out of the case?

Detachable rehaut! What will they think of next? I don't know how this watch can be WR.

The Crystal form Ofrei, MS25-295 might work out well if the original crystal is a 29.5mm crystal like the SSD V2

photo.jpg

Out of curiosity, what is the SN of this watch?

The Rehaut is a gen feature!!

But this looks not like gen to me ;)

295 is too big for an gen seadweller but I will measure this one later. Correct size is 285 but from memory the ssd was not correct In that respect. This is better in dimension than the ssd.

Why can it not be waterproof?! The crystal still seals to a gasket.