When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superlumed 1:1(so called) Sea-Dweller 16600 short review

watcher

It depends on the factory. MBW HeV is merely a stamped shape in the case. No real hole at all. A good builder will apply a bead-blasted texture to this false stamping to increase the effectiveness of the illusion.

If u mean the MBW 1665 it is not stamped! It's a metal pin in the case.

Edited by Tribal

The HEV on this watch looks just like the older SSD, it's dark colered and appears to be 2 pieces. (big inner/small outer ring) like the real one. I think Eprhy said the SSD I sent him has a working HEV that does go all the way through the case and can actually be pushed out a little from the inside like a real one.... I just hope if this one is for looks only that it's not glued in, I can see after water, dirt, gunk and everything else from daily wear gets in there that it might cause the glue to weaken and the thing fall out?

The HEV on this watch looks just like the older SSD, it's dark colered and appears to be 2 pieces. (big inner/small outer ring) like the real one. I think Eprhy said the SSD I sent him has a working HEV that does go all the way through the case and can actually be pushed out a little from the inside like a real one.... I just hope if this one is for looks only that it's not glued in, I can see after water, dirt, gunk and everything else from daily wear gets in there that it might cause the glue to weaken and the thing fall out?

That's correct Paul. The hev is the dark colored one(imitating Ti ) and go through the case as well as having the correct valve orientation(pushing out from inside the case) and are pressed in not threaded in. I used epoxy to seal them just to be on the safe side but there have been tests on these that show they are water tight. E

I wonder what tribal knows, my old MBW 1665 is etched. It has been modded to look good, but no pin

I have modded several MBW 1665. U are right the HE Valve looks etched.

But it is a metal pin in the Case. U can drop it in with Hammer.

The easy HE Valve Mod ;)

Look at mine 1665.

I have modded several MBW 1665. U are right the HE Valve looks etched.

But it is a metal pin in the Case. U can drop it in with Hammer.

The easy HE Valve Mod ;)

Look at mine 1665.

Really? Theres a pin inside?

You punched it out? There's no info at the link with freddies tutorial about that, tell me more!

Really? Theres a pin inside?

You punched it out? There's no info at the link with freddies tutorial about that, tell me more!

it's not in Freddy's tutorial.

If u look on my 1665 in my signature u can see that I pulled the "Valve Pin" a bit in the Case.

You can take a small pin from brass and a hammer to pull the pin a bit deaper in the Case.

There is not much force needed.

This is why I called it " The easy HE Valve Mod"

I've done it on several 1665 I modded for some members. ;)

Interesting tribal,

I can see in your pics that your hev is recessed a little.

What happens on the inside? Did the pin go inward? Does it interfere with the movement?

Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I have heard any of this mentioned.

Interesting tribal,

I can see in your pics that your hev is recessed a little.

What happens on the inside? Did the pin go inward? Does it interfere with the movement?

Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I have heard any of this mentioned.

No the pin goes not inside the Case.

I think it's only half of the case thickness.

Thats not a functional Valve.

Edited by Tribal

Ahh...I see

Did you seal it inside to keep it waterproof?

Next time you do one, maybe you could do a tutorial on this?

So the pin don't go to the inside of the case. There is nothing to seal.

Shure I can do a tutorial but its so easy to do. Take a hammer and small brass pin that have the same diameter as the "Valve"

Than put the brass pin on it and pull it with the hammer a bit in the Case that's it.

Very easy to do.

So the pin don't go to the inside of the case. There is nothing to seal.

Shure I can do a tutorial but its so easy to do. Take a hammer and small brass pin that have the same diameter as the "Valve"

Than put the brass pin on it and pull it with the hammer a bit in the Case that's it.

Very easy to do.

Tribal, I think you mean push in not pull. as you want the valve to look recessed.

Just received mine today, the rehaut looks great, crownguards/crown have exactly the same problems you can see here

http://www.petemilla...rolex/rolex.htm

Serrated part of the crown is too tall (which makes the CGs look too short) and the crown guards close too much at the top, with a gen crown and proper trimming i think it would look very good.

Lume is a little messy when looked at in good lighting and the pearl sucks ass, bracelet and clasp are stamped 93250, and the crystal is cut wrong but IMO it's a much better base to build something nice than the SSD ever was.

Edited by 4000ft

• 3 months later...

The SD insert will work, as long as you reduce the outer diameter a little. Once it locks in it looks very good. Just be careful.

E

I am bringing this one up.

I need to know how many of you have installed gen inserts in this new superlumed SD?

Also, can you give me the outer size in mm of the existing insert?

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

• Like 1

So in short:

Bracelet is wrong and unfixable

Crystal is wrong and unfixable

Crown is wrong but fixable with new

Bezel insert is wrong but fixable with new

Pearl is unusable

Case is wrong shape but can be fixed

Crown guards shape is wrong but fixable

Crown guards are too short and not fixable

Dial and hands are ok