When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superlumed 1:1(so called) Sea-Dweller 16600 short review

watcher

The Crystal form Ofrei, MS25-295 might work out well if the original crystal is a 29.5mm crystal like the SSD V2

Jules Borel MG25 295 for crystal.

It would be interesting to see if this "new and improved" version has the same crystal size as the old SSD which I think was 29.5 x 3.0...

I've been saying since the v1 of this new sd. Do not buy it!

Think of the precision it took to machine the rehaut as a separate piece. Then look at the total garbage bracelet and sel fit. Compound it with a fake hev, and finish it off with $hitty crown guards.

It's a cheap knock off. Save your money!

I do believe the old SSD had fake He valve as well. I would think a phoney valve would be a blessing on a beater as it's one less feature to leak and most folks epoxy closed functional ones anyway!

The two cases with the Z serial number I'm looking at have correct placement and correct orientation for the HEVs. These are V2? I sealed Duke's just to be on the safe side, but in theory, these should work like Gen as long as there is an o-ring and this one is greased and seated properly. Not having a working HEV should not be a "big deal" since the big majority of us won't use these watches for mixed gas diving, but having a working one it's just cool ;) That said, as long as the dorn thing doesn't fall off whilst in the middle of a presentation, we're good.

E

My SSD had a real hev, and the person that I sold it to had it tested to 200m I believe.

If the hev is located and sized correctly and is made of material which matches the color and texture of the gen, the fact that it's faux doesn't matter. Perfect example for me is The power reserve on the big pilot:it is faux and looks the part just fine.

Question to the OP: is the bezel construction 1:1?

I Still think we should boycott this one till it's better. Because we all know they can do better!

Edited by its_urabus

SSD do have working HEV and honestly there is no need to seal it, I do not see the reason why; I have a UPO that took to 100 feet dive and the HE valve is not seals guess what not leaks. the watch should not take water if the proper gaskets are there.

W0lf, HEV for sure. I'll take pics. E

What I meant to say is that the seadweller cases that I have seen(silix special including) have an HEV that goes through the case. The SSD that I am working on for Duke has a correctly oriented HEV where the valve itself pushes out, not in. I sealed his just to be on the safe side, but it have read that these z series cases have passed the WR tests with no issues.

My SSD had a real hev, and the person that I sold it to had it tested to 200m I believe.

If the hev is located and sized correctly and is made of material which matches the color and texture of the gen, the fact that it's faux doesn't matter. Perfect example for me is The power reserve on the big pilot:it is faux and looks the part just fine.

Question to the OP: is the bezel construction 1:1?

I Still think we should boycott this one till it's better. Because we all know they can do better!

It does not have gen like construction. A genuine SD is built very differently from a Sub and would reqiure more engineering to replicate and I'm sure they will never do that!

Also a gen insert does not fit. The internal measurement is good but the outer diameter is larger on the insert and would require too much sanding to work!!!

Customs are being very slow wih my gen crystal and I have lost my tape measure so will update with crystal size asap.

I do not agree that the CGs are too short, usually all other subs have the CGs too long. It should be the half of the crown.......

I think it is a bit different for the 16600

CGs are almost as tall as the body of the crown

front of teh CGs are "shaved" yet back of the CGs wrap around like a poorly made pair of rep CGs

sd16600.jpg

sd166002.jpg

post-4085-132865389413.jpg

Gen pic. I still think the guards are short.

If it takes a gen crystal that's good.

But the crappy bracelet is a huge problem. The sub bracelet has a

Different sel than a sd. Automatic tell. There are too many flaws for this one. Maybe the next one will be better.

Which way does the hev press? In or out of the case?

Looking at the entire crown size, the CGs are half of the crown. I was not saying that the rep crown has the correct dimension and the crown is bigger than a gen crown.

But the proportion of CGs to Crown is approx. 1/2 - 1. One most rep subs, as said before, the proportion is 2/3 - 1 which. Include the top of the crown for full length of crown.