When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hillary Tenzing edition

Limestone

Lume can be almost any daylight color. Even black. And yes it glows even when its black.

Look at a Franck Muller Color Dreams for example.It you drip a bit of tea stain on white lume, that will not prevent it from glowing it's normal night-time color.

Very cool-looking...except for the fake patina. It's one thing for people like us to simulate the look of an old watch because we're actually trying to re-create an old watch. I realize some of the hypocrisy inherent in my opinion, but fake patina in a production model just makes me unreasonable.

Companies (like Panerai particularly) are just trying to trade on the desire of some collectors' desire for a vintage watch but who don't want to deal with the potential headache of owning a vintage watch.

• Like 1

"Bling, bling, bling"...

Creating fakes is supposed to be our job, isn't it ? :)

Can't believe people is paying so much dollars for simple "commemorative bling bling" modding

Seriously, do they try to say the watch who gone to the Everest the first has some patina ? Yellow patina while the Everest is supposed to be the "pure" white ? There is a serious problem of communication, haha

(and I hate Flash web sites, really :))

Can't believe people is paying so much dollars for simple "commemorative bling bling" modding

Yeah, but it comes in a big box. Value added!

And don't forget that all-important endorsement from the sons of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. I am now eagerly awaiting the Franktech series of Panerais, from Sly's younger brother.

This Hillary Tenzing edition is pure marketing cr*p for gullible buyers, but I love the look with the NATO strap, so thanks for giving me the idea.

I"ll accomplish this for about $150 lol.

This Hillary Tenzing edition is pure marketing cr*p for gullible buyers, but I love the look with the NATO strap, so thanks for giving me the idea.

I"ll accomplish this for about $150 lol.

Couldn't've said it better myself, but yes, barring the rehaut engraving, it shouldn't be hard to cobble together a reasonable approximation of this. What gets me though, is it was Oliver Shepard who had his 1655 modified to include the dial and hands of a GMT Master, so that should be the real credit for this release :)