When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little diddy that I call...6542!

chiman12

Built this for a friend. It took a while because he wanted to use a Zodiac 75 GMT movement. So I had to find the correct combination of parts to work with the movement. I also shaved the 116 crystal so that it doesn't stand so high as the crystal needs to be glued onto the Silix case...

P1014979.jpg

P1014980.jpg

P1014981.jpg

The specs are:

Zodiac 75 GMT movement

Aftermarket 116

Gen-spec roulette date wheel overlay

Silix case

CWP small arrow GMT hand

Dial source unknown, but I like it!!!

Sorry for taking so long F!!!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone....minor issues such as the proper bezel and crown, I'll leave to the owner source...but I really like the transitional look of this 6542

Well done... Gen DW?

Case looks like the thicker 6538 case...

gen-spec...yes...it is a 1570 date wheel overlay.

It is not as thick as a 6538 case, actually looks thinner in real life...The case had 5513 stamped in the case back. I'm unsure of the history of Silix cases in general

Very nice!

A slight beveling of the top line and softening of the bottom line by buffing gives the case a thinner look. Mine too is the Silix case, and the Clark's crystal needed to be taken down quite a bit even with the thicker acrylic insert. The dial is nice with what looks like the right sized date window that allows the awesome date wheel to be seen better. Raffles Times has 6mm Brevet '+' crowns for a nice touch.

Oh, just quit your day job Chi! Great job, I can see a run on those Zodiac GMT movements already starting to happen. What about the DG3804, have you dona anything with those?

Hey M...long time no...post!

I would much prefer using DG's because the availability of parts. But the owner was already commited to the Zodiac movement. I have a couple of DG's sitting in my parts box, maybe I'll look in to building a 6542 with the DG for funnsies.

I would much prefer using DG's because the availability of parts...I have a couple of DG's sitting in my parts box, maybe I'll look in to building a 6542 with the DG for funnsies.

The DG3804b fits the Silix case nicely. http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/127434-pilot’s-cabin-or-executive-suite-no-the-mail-room/page__p__926459__hl__mail__fromsearch__1#entry926459