When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Rolex Sky-dweller

gmtlover

Despite what I think about the Sky-Dweller I do have to say that it's interesting to see Rolex finally getting into the concept of complications on their watches.

Though I still feel their new designs are pretty bad. To me, I think it's maybe more to do with the oversized cases paired with the relatively small bracelets. The combination just looks terribly unbalanced...

Another clever, thought out component, is the lack of lume over the 24hr zone so you can see thru the hands, then lume at the the top.

So close Rolex... I am with LHOOQ. We need a Tool Version.

My vision of a GMT-Master III:

A modification to the bezel to allow it to disengage "setting functions" and allow for Traditional (Pepsi :) ) Bezel operation, and add another 24hr traditional hand, could give us a watch with the following functions:

- Local Time (12hr)

- Time Zone 2 (Inner 24 Hour wheel)

- Time Zone 3 AM/PM (traditional 24hr hand and outer bezel) (If 24 hour function like 1575-GMT)

- Time Zone 4 (See Time Zone 3) (If 24 hour function like 3135-GMT)

- Perpetual Calendar

- Month View

But, alas, it would probably be a monster/maxi and too busy/complicated...

Anyone with mad photo shop skills???

Leaves me feeling empty inside. From afar it looks like a Datejust with a cluttered dial.

I'll wait until they stick that movement in a sports case, and turn it into a more appropriately utilitarian watch.

I thinking we should see a GMT III soon. The rotating bezel function is an amazing piece of engineering.

• 2 months later...