When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next best tube for a 1680/16610 sub

klocklind1

Clarks are good, but if you over torque any tube, it will snap off.

The trick is to tighten to a positive STOP, then tighten down about an 1/8th of a turn more. (I usually tighten to STOP then to an imaginary :08 minute mark).

found Yukis to be the best very close to gen good material, Wholesale outlet are the WORST and may in fact be made out of aluminum they rip apart under the slightest of resistance. clarks are good but a little stubby compared with the gen tube height.

but all tubes seem to lack that little flat part for the flat rubber washer that sits between the case and the tube, none even include it.

• Like 1

"Based on price, GEN is overrated for a "tube" that no one ever sees."

That's the truth for sure.

I bought a few aft/mkt tubes a while back that looked like they did not have a full compliment of threads where they screw into the case...2 or 3 threads short. Every one broke.

Always had good luck with tubes from J Borel and StarTime.

Thanks all for letting me know :)

OK now I need the tool for remooving/insatlling the tube :g:

Where do I buy this tool? :g:

And is the cheaper tools good enough to use when You will not use it so often?

dont buy the WSO one, that palstic handle is useless and you ll destroy the toll on the first install.

id get one of these

http://www.julesbore...C08page0256.htm

same price as the WSO ones (maybe $5 more than wso) but ALL METAL, and the cross bar adds for some nice torque

dont skimp on buying this tool "cheap" otherwise you ll waste your money in the short term and still have to buy the more expensive one.

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

I use mostly gen tubes. The material is much better, and there is no risk for breaking by installing (modder know what I am talking about).

Most comparable from specs are the WSO tubes. They are well made and have truly 1:1 measures. Only material sucks, you have to be very careful by installing it...

found Yukis to be the best very close to gen good material, Wholesale outlet are the WORST and may in fact be made out of aluminum they rip apart under the slightest of resistance. clarks are good but a little stubby compared with the gen tube height.

but all tubes seem to lack that little flat part for the flat rubber washer that sits between the case and the tube, none even include it.

Yuki it's the best I think, for WSO it's very very bad tube.

dont buy the WSO one, that palstic handle is useless and you ll destroy the toll on the first install.

id get one of these

http://www.julesbore...C08page0256.htm

same price as the WSO ones (maybe $5 more than wso) but ALL METAL, and the cross bar adds for some nice torque

dont skimp on buying this tool "cheap" otherwise you ll waste your money in the short term and still have to buy the more expensive one.

Thanks a lot for that :)

But which one of them is for the submariner ?