When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 Build - Almost have everything

briank996

Yep, maybe a set of Clark's Tudor mercedes hands

Not sure how the 580 ends will work. On the 1601 and 16014 cases a set of 455B rep ends fit like a glove. If you use the 2mm springbars, it may be tricky reaming out the 580 ends so tha the sb's fit.

Excellent dial but...

... I'm missing the hands in your bag ;)

Dee

They're there, I promise! In the watch case wrapped in soft fuzzy stuff.

Yep, maybe a set of Clark's Tudor mercedes hands

Not sure how the 580 ends will work. On the 1601 and 16014 cases a set of 455B rep ends fit like a glove. If you use the 2mm springbars, it may be tricky reaming out the 580 ends so tha the sb's fit.

The 580s I got off of ebay. The "580" stampings aren't great but they do fit gen springbars.

I think I may have a set of 455s in my spares box at home. When I get there on Monday I will have a look

That's very nice of you, thanks. Do your 455s have the access holes on the bottom side or are they gen like?

Exciting stuff, I look forward to seeing the final product. I have a similar project in the works and seeing yours makes me itchy. ;)

I know how you feel. Now that I have everything packed up and ready to ship to JMB, I totally have ants in my pants.

Edited by briank996

The white-lume-on-gilt is the best 1016 dial that Yuki has made in three years. Good choice!

It's neat to think that the dial would have looked something like that if you'd bought an Explorer in, say, 1965

For only $165! (Bracelet extra of course.)

lg_rolexexplorer.jpg

Edited by briank996

I did exactly the same project, using JMB's case and bezel. I purchased the 455B's for the 2mm springbars from WSO. I had to take the dreml to them a good bit to make them fit the case. They are perfect once you spend the time to mil them down. They were too long, not too wide (width is perfect). The springbars would not reach to the holes.

Edited by preacher62

I did exactly the same project, using JMB's case and bezel. I purchased the 455B's for the 2mm springbars from WSO. I had to take the dreml to them a good bit to make them fit the case. They are perfect once you spend the time to mil them down. They were too long, not too wide (width is perfect). The springbars would not reach to the holes.

Any pics? Who is WSO?

• 6 months later...

new to this, where do I source the dial please ?

Depends on which dial you want. There are many sources.

The dial above is from Yuki, but I don't think the same version is still available (OP was from back in March) and there have been some not so good reports of the recent Yuki dials.

http://www.yukiwatch...817/9116935.htm

ingodd44 and ND Trading also have offerings of various quality, and there's an eBay seller (http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649) that has refinished dials periodically.

Edited by tomhorn