When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Sql -Pl still a member here?

offshore

2 emails are mine and I was open about it all the time. Not 5, 6 or no matter how many he found, I lost count.

Once again I will tell you I did not sell fake stuff, I had many items checked at AD by buyers, I had returning customers, happy customers but unfortunately these are always the silent ones.

I admitted there was this issue with robert, what else could I do apart from telling him to return it if he wasn't satisfied with his purchase, that's all I could do and what I did and yes I have been surprised with his judgement back then as well, I think he should remember that if he remembers our deal from 3 years ago so well.

Oh and have I been banned at RWG1? I have no clue, I do not visit this place at all but I will try now.

And at RG Nembo specifically told me I was banned because of the issue with a Panerai Purdey, even though he told me of the rumors from edgematic that even for him were not a base for my ban. That's all I know as of course I got banned the day the buyer complaint about the non working movement (which worked fine when it left my hands).

im not saying you have sold fake stuff ffs im just trying to help here get all the questions answered i am trying to help you and as someone who knows neither of you guys i was kid of trying to help get this sorted

the 2 emails you used is anyof them the ones edge thinks are scammers or have they been banned form any other sites

Guest Sql_pl

Yes, for example the one that edge bought his strap from is mine like I told both you guys here and him back in 2009 or 2010 and yes it got banned/suspended at WUS because (what I believe as like I said I received no info from moderators there on that) of late deliveries and or issues with deliveries (what in fact even edge faced) and there have been some negative comments and threads on that matter, yes the late delivery matter or even non-delivery in some cases.

As a side note and a lesson for some, NEVER try to ship an item via registered priority to Asian countries or especially Singapore, I had like 4 items that just went missing, no tracking, black hole.

I find it strange that the accused has to prove his innocence.

Especially if the accuser didn't even receive a strap but instead his money back and comes up with stuff like:

a. Sql wouldn't make any profit, so he has to be selling fake straps

b. Sql couldn't get that many straps because I can't, so he has to be selling fake straps

c. the rep UPO straps are 1:1 with the gen, but since some dude thinks he might have gotten a fake one, Sql has to be a scammer

d. Sql was banned on some other board for whatever reason, so he has to be selling fake straps

This is ridonkulous. :bangin:

life_of_brian_allstarypllw.jpg

Edited by Tom Hawkes

I was following this thread for a while now. I have bought multiple straps from him all of them genuine. Yes, the communication wasn't the fastest and in some cases delivery took over a month after payment. But always received the merchandise, and always as advertised. Until this thread turned up I wasn't even aware of the connection between the usernames (I have bought the straps via WUS).

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

• Like 1

Freddy,

That is just so wrong!

This issue has EVERYTHING to do with RWG. it has to do with the ethics and morals of the place, and what the forum stands for.

The person in question is a long standing member of this forum. His actions have been viewed by other forums and acted on.

The admin and moderators of this forum give every indication of trying to sweep the matter under the carpet without reaching a resolution, EVEN when the actions in question are in direct conflict with the rules of the forum.

Right now it appears is that no decision will be reached and the thread will be locked down.

Unfortunately this has happened previously with other contentious threads, with the same NON result.

We have had a situation where a member of this forum was actively launching Ddos attacks against dealers, we had proof, and yet the forum chose not to ruffle feathers and did nothing!

Didn't even remove the member from the forum.

And there have been other instances before that one.

At some stage some decisions need to be made about what is and isn't acceptable behaviour by members of this forum.

No use having a list of rules if they are ignored.

In my eyes the team have to reach a decision..... whatever it may be....... act on it....... and bear the consequences of those actions...not sweep it under the carpet and hope it will go away.

In other words, be accountable.

Offshore.

I am so totally stunned with this response A, as a long time team member yourself you should know that the one thing we wont do is ban a member without our own investigation.

We received information on this at approximately 1 or 2 hrs before you started this thread, what's that less than 24hrs?

I do agree with you on the point that the RWG have a moral obligation to get to the bottom of this and lynch mob or not we will do so to our satisfaction not yours or anyone else from other boards who really do not have the full facts in front of them.

Right now the most damning info we have is not in fact from Edge (which is full of unsubstantiated claims) but from Robert and that was from 2009, 3 years ago, but you want to get on our case in less than 24hrs.

I think the number one thing that would really help is that replies to this thread are now left to people who are directly involved.

Ken

Ken,

Like Freddy, I too am somewhat ambivalent to the situation!

What I am not ambivalent about, is the apparent urgency to close a thread for no good reason.

My original question was if Sql_Pl was still a member of the forum, there were no accusations from me.

You and the rest of the team are very aware as to why I chose to resign, and it was for these very reasons...failure to reach a consensus...and then zero action resulting.

It has been an all too common theme.

And I saw it repeating once more...so you have my reaction.

Rightly or wrongly I cannot in good faith sit back and watch threads closed/locked down because no one wants to make a decision, OR not enough team members are even inputting to the discussion to reach a consensus.

These things don't just go away...they still are there to be dealt with, locked threads or not.

I think the number one thing that would really help is that replies to this thread are now left to people who are directly involved.

Absolutely agree...and I will stay out of it completely JUST keep the thread open for discussion!

Offshore

One of strengths is logic. And I can tell you all that this matter is very simply resolved by logic.

Does there exist a sales thread anywhere that is selling a fake represented as gen?

If so, is the person who made the sales thread am member here?

If so, then ban. If not, then case closed.

Please explain the picture with the rep rubber AP strap as well.

If I asked you per e-mail if the strap came with genuine packaging you sent me back that they DO NOT come with packaging. Strange as well. The AP straps do not leave the factory without a packaging. Not even if they are in large quantities.

On watchprosite: By: JCC296 (registered)

Oct 28, 2011, 10:58 AM

You sell and ship item different from what'd been advertised. When emailed you for explanation, you gave no response. The rubber band was a replica too.

You might have tons of satisfied buyers because you do sell some authentic ones AND mix with replica ones. As long as you provide a refund, I will drop this subject.

We did not get any answers on this I've posted. According to the exif files the pics of the AP Diver strap and pics you posted on this forum were made with the same camera. These are the tells of the rubber strap you offer:

• Rubber strap grooves do not complete half circle at the end of the strips
  • Rubber strap fonts too far centered (royal oak offshore font)
  • Rep buckle - shorter and thinner
  • Rep buckle - inside texture wrong as well on the tongue
  • Rep buckle - logo inside too large and too far right
  • Rep buckle - "Stainless Steel" should read "ACIER INOX"

2. For sql_pl - Are you selling rep items as gens?

No they are not all my accounts, I think edgematic found like what 5 or 6 of them that according to him were mine, and yes I did tell edgematic it was me right back then when we had a deal that it was me so I was not hiding anything back then and I am not hiding anything now.

You admit they are yours?

2 emails are mine and I was open about it all the time. Not 5, 6 or no matter how many he found, I lost count.

Oh and have I been banned at RWG1? I have no clue, I do not visit this place at all but I will try now.

And at RG Nembo specifically told me I was banned because of the issue with a Panerai Purdey, even though he told me of the rumors from edgematic that even for him were not a base for my ban. That's all I know as of course I got banned the day the buyer complaint about the non working movement (which worked fine when it left my hands).

You have been banned at RWI as well, you probably do not have a clue about this why? Been banned on what, 3-4 fora already, and not having a clue why?! Strange to me. Most of them start with a warning first unless it's a serious matter. And as for your ban on repgeek, this is what Nembo shared with everyone on there:

"Let's make this clear.
    The member in question was banned from the forum already weeks ago,also following a tip from edgmatic and my investigation in the matter.
    For what RG is concerned case closed.
    What happens outside of my house,once my house has been sanitized is not of my interest.
    If you guys want to pursue the man hunt,you have my simpathy but the administration did everything that needed to be done already for the forum."

From Edge (which is full of unsubstantiated claims)

Ken

I'm sorry Ken, but I have provide the RWG crew of:

• e-mail traffic with the e-mail that pops up in those ads on gen fora
    • sql_pl admitting he was the same guy, he did not know yet I bought from him
    • the tells of the fake strap he advertised in the pics (a fake item on a gen site, referring to rule number 26 of the rwg rules, even that is in violation)
    • the exif data that gives away that the pics are taken with the same lens, same camera
    • paypal info that gives away his name, which leads to his profile pics and links to the same guy here
    • IP adresses were provided to you

This info above is not enough?! I would not know what else you would need. The straps are not even sold with the genuine packaging!

If you know which tells to look for, even a child can tell it's a fake strap being offered on a gen strap.

Lot's of stuff is getting ignored overhere, why?

One of strengths is logic.

Does there exist a sales thread anywhere that is selling a fake represented as gen?

If so, is the person who made the sales thread am member here?

If so, then ban. If not, then case closed.

Thanks, I guess you get the point.

Oh and one more thing, since he is still offering those rubber AP Diver straps, why don't you ship me one? I'll go with the strap to my AD or to my contact person of AP. There will be a conclusion pretty fast if it's gen or rep. The brand only sells genuine straps via AD's. So your source must be an AD? And he is selling the straps including a buckle? That's a state in which they are never delivered to an AD. And they have NO gen packaging?! Come on...

OR your source is scamming you with great succes, OR you're scamming people with great succes.

I just don't get this. So much is getting overlooked here. There's a causal relastionship between all these things, which is enough to prove right or wrong.

Edge,

I have a simple question for you:

Though you are not the most active member on this board usualy, why is it that you spend so much time documenting on Sql_Pl suddenly ?

For the last 48 hours you must have done only that.

What is the real reason behind the hunt?

Cheers

Stephane

Edge,

I have a simple question for you:

Though you are not the most active member on this board usualy, why is it that you spend so much time documenting on Sql_Pl suddenly ?

For the last 48 hours you must have done only that.

What is the real reason behind the hunt?

Cheers

Stephane

Quite simple, taking down all reps being sold as gens on the web. This kind of scam ruins the hobby for both gen and rep owners, I don't think I am the only one here with that idea. I can't stand such activities. When it comes to this, each member has to be treated the same way, history or not.

And believe me stephane, it's so easy to find out all this info that is only takes 2 hours to find out all of this. It is so visible linking all these things to each other. And all of a sudden posting on here as well, well, because he got banned on all those other fora as well, all of a sudden. It stinks mate, it really stinks.

I may not be that active overhere, but I am on other fora. This is the place to be for rolex imo. If I need info on rolex, tudor, etc. I love being here. And to contribute in the AP section.

Edited by edgematic1

Bottom line - there are good indications that reps were sold as gen. It also appears there are documents showing/proving that that is the case. The admins perhaps need to, if possible, advise when this will be actioned/update communication. Not having any update gives a different perception.

Bottom line - there are good indications that reps were sold as gen. It also appears there are documents showing/proving that that is the case. The admins perhaps need to, if possible, advise when this will be actioned/update communication. Not having any update gives a different perception.

Indications aren't evidence. Other than that the admins don't need to communicate the actions on this matter to anyone but Sql, since no one on this board had any negative experiences with Sql and the people who claim they did, all received their money back as far as i understood. :) IMHO

I have seen every thing that has been presented and non of it is enought to convict at the moment, so please put the pich fork down.

++1

this is not Repgeek here - thanks god ;)

here is a Admin team witch some kind of brain left (at least some of them :snorkel: )