When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many reps did you buy before you bought a Rolex rep?

Texas1999

Nine.

Got my first Rolex rep today...#10......Sea Dweller Classic from Trusty...and wow. I'm hooked on the Rollies now. This thing is awesome! Never wanted to be "fake Rolex" guy but I don't think 99% of the population could ever tell the difference with today's rep quality, and the watch is just gorgeous.

40+... :fool:

picked up a paul newman, but didn't take to it...sold it...then picked up a jmb no-date...loved it...built a gilt dial 5513 and then a vintage milsub...my gilt 5513 and my no-date sub are high volume in my rotation...and i'm a breitling, panerai guy...

Rolex didn't make to my list yet.

1 - Cartier Santos XL Ultimate

2 - Hublot Diver V2

3 - Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

4 - PAM 288

Wish list:

1 - AP RBII Blue Dial

2 - Graham Swordfish (or TechSeal)

3 - UPO

4 - Super Ocean Abyss

5 - IWC St. Exupery Chrono

6 - Dewitt Academia Chrono

7 - Avenger Seawolf

8 - IWC Costeau Divers

9 - AP Diver V3 (possibly, if good reviews)

Edited by marblegranite

Started with Rollies and now 30-something later.....Still ONLY Rolex! I haven't bought a single different brand. I'm up to 7 Sea Dwellers now (all 16600) and trying to decide which two will be the best to keep so I can sell the rest. It might take a while?

Reckon I had bought about 15 reps before I took the plunge, had a hard time deciding which one to go for first so did my usual and bought a cheap sub to see if I liked it, needless to say it's been a slippery slope since :inverted:

I love my cheap sub it's my daily beater probably not very accurate to gen but so what! Bought a Deep Sea next and since sold as it was too heavy, then bought a BK Sub Ceramic which is great, Exp II which is on the way to me slightly modded and a no date Sub has just been added too! Oh yeh picked up a SD too but that one is going up for sale tonight as I think I prefer the vintage look instead ;)

Don't most people buy Rolex reps first by default before branching out to other brands?

That was my assumption too, so I was curious if others (like myself) had first purchased other reps before finally getting a Rolex.

My reps in chronological order...

1. Breguet Messidor tourbillon

2. Breitling Bentley 6.75 (arrived DOA though, sent it back 3 weeks ago, its somewhere in China, I'll probably never see it again)

3. Pam 318

4. Ebel 1911 BTR

5. Pam 253i

6. Patek fantasy power reserve

7. Breitling Chronomat

8. Omega Seamaster James Bond

9. Omega PO 42mm

10. Rolex Sea Dweller

Edited by Texas1999

No offense, but that myth only applies if your in high school. :partytime:

That is not true, I always get asked what kind of watch is that, then I reply is a Rolex and then the guy replies is a Rolex? or a Rotex..... fake, and he does not know anything about watches. I knew nothing about watches I would assume that is the real deal

I recently bought my first Rolex Rep, Paul Newman Exotic Dial from a member here. I always own gen since I was 14 - Sea Dweller which I still wear. I bought a Rep Hublot Ice Bang and an AP RRO Chronopassion before I got the PN. I am thinking in getting a ProHunter as the gen is a franken anyway...