When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch gets you the most compliments?

irolexu

My Citizen Skyhawk has always drawn the most attention, while I like this watch, I'm not entirely sure why it attracts so much attention. Rarely does anyone comment on other watches that I consider to be much nicer.

Slgithly related, my 2008 G6 GXP coupe recieved far more attention than my Infiniti FX45 or the Audi S5 that replaced the G6, The latter being far superior cars in my (anyone's) opinion.

Never!!!...

And the only time I ever saw anyone else wearing a Pam was a doctor at the hospital wearing what looked like an 024 Sub....When I asked him what model it was he replied:

"A 44mm I think"

We tend to take all this too seriously I suspect !!

Edited by frankt
  • Like 1

Most people are just not watch people. The ones that actually wear watches use them to tell the time...if you can believe that! lol
. That's so true. My girl who's 10 yrs younger then I am, thinks watches are stupid and that there a dying bread due to cell phones. No need to have a watch when u can tell the time on ure phone! I was close to giving her a [censored] slap!!! Lol. Jus kidding on the [censored] slap.

Never!!!...

And the only time I ever saw anyone else wearing a Pam was a doctor at the hospital wearing what looked like an 024 Sub....When I asked him what model it was he replied:

"A 44mm I think"

We tend to take all this too seriously I suspect !!

"A 44mm I think" :lol: love It.

My ABII v5 always gets the most attention.

All i need is a decent ceramic bracelet now

cfed0c63-4ac3-9a21.jpg

One of my colleagues has that watch. I was not aware it was available as a rep. It does draw a lot of attention as it is like a piece of coal. The great thing about it is that while being all black, the different textures, or reflectiveness of the different surfaces make it quite readable. I imagine a lot of anti reflective work went into it. It is my favourite Hublot watch by a long shot. Where did you buy it? How does it compare to the gen?

This cheap CW quartz watch bought for the price of a cheap rep in a sale. Robbed pic as an example below,

....hard to capture on pics but it has the deepest bluest dial I've ever seen, very striking and always got attention. Wore much more expensive gens (and reps) and nobody really batted an eye lid except for the odd occasion but the women loved this CW, it was always "Oh it's so blue, it's such a lovely deep blue", ....that's when I had the perfect chance to administer the chloroform :D ...got me laid many a time

:D j/k , it really did get a lot of compliments though.

4763869986_feb899e66d.jpg

Hardly ever get a comment but here are a few that got a comment or two over the years:

Bulova 214 Spaceview probably because 'Nash Bridges' was on TV at the time.

Tutone Hudson 'Compressor' because no one had ever seen one.

Mickey Mouse dial and two hand qtz mvt mounted in a replica panerai case.

One of my colleagues has that watch. I was not aware it was available as a rep. It does draw a lot of attention as it is like a piece of coal. The great thing about it is that while being all black, the different textures, or reflectiveness of the different surfaces make it quite readable. I imagine a lot of anti reflective work went into it. It is my favourite Hublot watch by a long shot. Where did you buy it? How does it compare to the gen?

Its a V5 from connie @ kingwatch with the correct datewheel. It is very close to gen, needed a few upgrades/mods. I am currently waiting for a thicker Mikey2008 crystal to come back double AR'ed from PBdad (not installed in picture)

I tinted the sapphire caseback with a VHT spray.

47b73e14-d068-8c41.jpg

One little flow: its suppose to be a 500 limite ed caseback while it says 200.

and only need a ceramic bracelet for it to be as close to gen as possible.

Thanks for noticing my toy!