When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex branded rotors for ETA movements

GarrettP1

The 1065 movement from the 6542 has an interesting rotor setup that might give some ideas.

1065.jpg

A Dremel tool and a friendly engraver could make that overlay for the ETA rotor, and drill and tap little screws looks to me as though it would be pretty cool!

There was a Viet Nam 5510 a guy posted on RG last year his cousin or someone brought back.

The guy pm'd me asking if I wanted to buy it several months later.

It was pretty nice rep and I believe it had an eta movement with a Rolex cloned rotor. Even the movement was vintaged/aged and looked good. I remember at the time thinking it would be cool if someone made eta rotors that looked like Rolex like that one. Not just logo..but the shape and style.

Never seen anything like that other than that watch.

I remember seeing that Viet Nam 5510.

It was an ordinary ETA movement with a gen. looking Rolex rotor (appropriate for a 1030 movement).

I thought it looked pretty sharp.

I am the first to admit there is no practical reason to do this. I don't think I'm here at RWG for practical reasons.

Bad thing is they have a 50pound minimum order, but the good thing is they have lots of other interesting stuff.

(ps. How do you make a pound sign on an American style keyboard? Or Euro?)

Hold down the ALT key and type 0163 on the NUMBER PAD, not the row of numbers on top of the letters.

Bad thing is they have a 50pound minimum order, but the good thing is they have lots of other interesting stuff.

LOL! Before continuing to read, I thought you meant 50 lbs! As in, 50 lbs of rotors!! In my head, that was a "wholesale lot"

It's still early in the morning!