When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks like admins dont read their pms in this forum

iceberg1459

I don't think Mr. iceberg understands our concept. We are not here to run eBay and nor does the forum get paid a commission for it. We try, first and foremost, to protect the membership and provide a nice place for people to discuss watches and other things that tickle their fancy. Because of that we are very careful on approving high value sellers - frankly more demanding than eBay. i can tell you we have turned down significant ebay sellers both as dealers and high value sellers. With that philosophy in mind we will happily miss out on offerings here until we have had a chance to properly vet those sellers. And no this is not our job. This admin team tends to be older folks with families and fairly serious jobs who do this out of love for the forum. So Mr. Iceberg best of luck with the sales on eBay, really.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Let me add a quick addendum...

Gents, by the way this played out you see why we vet people for high value sales here. A "hurry up" attitude is a big red flag, and as you yourself have uncovered, many people talk big, especially when cornered, but their personal history belies their Internet persona.

Well done, gents! And a happy Fathers' Day to all.

voted for ban

Go away Iceberg1459. I see a "banned" in your future. :thumbdown:

Gent's, we don't Ban for these types of things...

One would need to post this on RepGeek to get banned, but not here on RWG...

As far as Ice's attitude goes - well he PM'd me on the 13th and I just plain missed it...

My Bad and I apologize for that...

Not sure the way you've handled it was the best, but we all have bad days...

So I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt...

Happy Father's day...

TT

• Like 1

i just read thru all comments, wow this is pretty low, never heard that much bs before :) . and the butthurt co-admin nanuq boosting the members taking stance against me makes things even more laughable.

@twotone

yes maybe i could have handled it better but its no matter now.

i would expect at least not to be ignored by admin who is online at the time and after i sent the pm after giving private info. i joined here years ago now with 1k postcount and over a dozen positive feedback from sales (and yes im here long enough to remember jetmid), im surprised that you even doubt that i could scam someone. i could've pawn the fkin watch if i was in hurry.

and for anyone else, i never said i want to sell all my watches( if u want to see them search my threads) and if you capable of using ebay, you can find the omega on sale under my name.

Pardner, you must have it well hidden on Ebay. i searchesd using your user name iceberg1459 (which you said was your ebay name as well) It showed an iceberg 1459 from Germany, with 87 feedback and it also said this seller has no items for sale. So if you really do have and Omega listed on Ebay, why don't you provide us a link? I believe that most of the bs is coming from your side not ours!

• Like 1

i just read thru all comments, wow this is pretty low, never heard that much bs before :) . and the butthurt co-admin nanuq boosting the members taking stance against me makes things even more laughable.

@twotone

yes maybe i could have handled it better but its no matter now.

i would expect at least not to be ignored by admin who is online at the time and after i sent the pm after giving private info. i joined here years ago now with 1k postcount and over a dozen positive feedback from sales (and yes im here long enough to remember jetmid), im surprised that you even doubt that i could scam someone. i could've pawn the fkin watch if i was in hurry.

and for anyone else, i never said i want to sell all my watches( if u want to see them search my threads) and if you capable of using ebay, you can find the omega on sale under my name.

Sorry but the only BS here is coming from you. I am online a lot, and people message me all the time while I am online. That doesn't mean I am going to stop reading whatever interesting thread I happen to be going through just to respond to the PM.

You posted a request in the "HIgh Value Sales" thread on June the 15th at 1:58pm and Nanuq responded in that thread exactly 25 minutes later at 2:23pm stating exactly what info you needed to send him to begin the vetting process. Then you start this thread on June the 16th at 1:39pm and start this bullshit?? Seriously??? Get off your high horse dude. You have some serious apologizing to do. Some of us do have lives you know. We get vetting requests all the time and they take several days to work through.

Pardner, you must have it well hidden on Ebay. i searchesd using your user name iceberg1459 (which you said was your ebay name as well) It showed an iceberg 1459 from Germany, with 87 feedback and it also said this seller has no items for sale. So if you really do have and Omega listed on Ebay, why don't you provide us a link? I believe that most of the bs is coming from your side not ours!

here you go pardner, you could also search only "omega moonwatch", maybe u cant find because you are in US, im not shipping there. its cheaper in US anyway

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2c661ea95b

Guy's c'mon, let ice be. No nedd for all this!

I agree. Mr Iceberg have had a few bad days here. But with 5 years of membership, over 1k+ postcount and good sales rep i would say give him some slack. I wish i wouldnt get booted when i have been here that long for a few "not so well put posts".

Thats what makes RWG so great. You are allowed a few misstakes ;)

just my 2c..

I was not privy to the private communications & from what I have gleaned from the other Mods iceberg1459 probably is not going to be approved for any high value sales. That said, iceberg1459 HAS been a long-time member with no negative sales feedback on RWG & I have not seen anything he has posted publicly that would qualify for removal. So, unless I have missed something, I would hope that cooler heads can prevail.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm new, but lately I see an alarming tendency to bash any member, daring to question admins or moderators.

I really don't think iceberg is an a$$, d1ck or whatever, and why on earth should he be banned?! This thread should have been 2 posts long:

1. [censored]ed iceberg asks for admin to read his PM ;

2. TwoTone replies - Sorry man, totally missed your PM and in any case it takes more time.

What are you guys bashing iceberg for? seriously... He asked a legit question to which he had a legit answer from freddy333.

(BTW respect to TwoTone and Freddy for their reasonable answers!!)

I dont need to explain myself to you, nor i need your "replica" forum if i wanted to sell my 50-60k worth of gens. you were online as i sent my pm to you and it wasnt even read. its easy to beg for donations, when it comes to problem you are suddenly allmighty. i wanted to give forum a chance to purchase this icon gen moonwatch at a fair price, i know i would get only lowball offers but i didnt mind. now have fun paying extra on ebay or anywhere else.

Bashing members? What about a response like this to a co-admin to the forum?

Look lets get this straight once and for all.

We vet high value sales to protect the membership, this is not a quick process at any time because it is not a case of the seller giving us the required information, we also need to manually verify that information.

Iceberg got his nose out of joint because this process does in fact take time, the team makes absolutely no apologies for that, we consider that a genuine seller would not have an issue waiting a week or so for approval.

If on the other hand an urgent situation arises that requires an immediate sale then RWG is not the place to sell.

That said this whole thread is not about the sale itself it is about Iceberg's non-acceptance of the process and total lack of respect for the people who do this for the love of the board.

Ken

I am the only Admin member to say 'I would delete his account for that rant'

I do (and did) know however that he would never get banned for this thread, (oh he would on 90% of the net's forums be banned for attacking the Admin team), but it is not the way we work here.

My comment was just a personal view of how I think about people who totally lack respect for the hours we put in trying to give you, the member, a safe and enjoyable forum.

Ken

I am the only Admin member to say 'I would delete his account for that rant'

I do (and did) know however that he would never get banned for this thread, (oh he would on 90% of the net's forums be banned for attacking the Admin team), but it is not the way we work here.

My comment was just a personal view of how I think about people who totally lack respect for the hours we put in trying to give you, the member, a safe and enjoyable forum.

Ken

I think the loss of people's respect for throwing his toys out of the pram like that is going to be a heavy enough cross to bear... Totally agree with your comments though :)