When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Rail Dial, my new toy

FxrAndy

Yes, yes i fully agree that the original tritium would not glow any more, but if i could afford a 1665 rail dial gen then i could afford to replace the dial with a luminover dial so that i could use the watch 24 hours a day, even my 1680 gen has a luminova dial and i wear it for work almost every day so if this was gen it would glow as well.

Oh and you beat me to reds bracelet today ;) can i have an option to buy it when you want to move it on?

You do know that you are to blame ultimatly!!!!!

If it was not for your original rolex collection i would never have built my first 1680! and then bought the gen and then went on to build more!!!!!!! so it is all your fault, so it is your round first in Sweden ;)

Of course you are first in line for the bracelet :-)

And I do sincerely apologize being such a Rolex lover !

My gens are long gone, except my 16610 flat s of course, but if my business goes back up one day, I will certainly get myself another gen 1680 and great white.

Right now, I do reinvent the wheel once again, and have a 1680 and a 1665 which are "under construction" at the moment.

Both have a gen rail dial and should be very nice looking after some fine tuning B)

Oh, and yes, the first (and consecutive rounds probably) will be on me in Malmö !

By the way: SIGN UP FOR THE NEXT EU OFFICIAL GTG

Click the link here under

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/147088-5th-annual-eu-gtg-non-eu-members-also-welcome-2012-07-28/

I quite like this MBW one, not as good as the gen but not all bad

You made these overlays before my time here. Can you briefly tell the story of how you made them? I love the thought that went into your custom HeV insert. Now that you have brushed it to differentiate it between the case and the 'valve' it is very good.

Yes, yes i fully agree that the original tritium would not glow any more, but if i could afford a 1665 rail dial gen then i could afford to replace the dial with a luminover dial so that i could use the watch 24 hours a day, even my 1680 gen has a luminova dial and i wear it for work almost every day so if this was gen it would glow as well.

Oh and you beat me to reds bracelet today ;) can i have an option to buy it when you want to move it on?

You do know that you are to blame ultimatly!!!!!

If it was not for your original rolex collection i would never have built my first 1680! and then bought the gen and then went on to build more!!!!!!! so it is all your fault, so it is your round first in Sweden ;)

And it is Your fault Andy that I had to build my first 1680 ;)

Just a standard gen 703 but i need a new one, glad you can see an improvement in the He valve i thought that work was for nothing when my wife could not see a difference

Big difference - to us at least!! I have friends who can't tell my sub from my sea-dwellers or a GMT with a black insert! It's a black-face watch to most. Occasionally, I get the "never noticed that red writing" before. And the next time, "I thought there was red writing on that"

Great work. I wish I had the skills. I'm probably going to crumble like woof did and get a phong HE valve!

Enjoy your beauty!

Belive me it is easyer and safer this way as you only have to drill one hole one size rather than 1 hole at 1.7mm and one hole a 1mm in the middle of that, and there is no compromise of the case foir a valve that will never have to function

Big difference - to us at least!! I have friends who can't tell my sub from my sea-dwellers or a GMT with a black insert! It's a black-face watch to most. Occasionally, I get the "never noticed that red writing" before. And the next time, "I thought there was red writing on that"

Great work. I wish I had the skills. I'm probably going to crumble like woof did and get a phong HE valve!

Enjoy your beauty!

So true.

I recently was at a business meeting and spot an old GMT on a guy's wrist.

I presented my hand willing to take his arm and he thought I was willing to shake his hand ;)

I said "no, we already shaked hands, I want to have a closer look at your great watch".

He immediately looked at my wrist and noticed I wore a Rolex (my 1999 16610).

I said where it came from (Amsterdam AD), the age and the specs of the SWISS dial, flat S, and he said that his was 20 years old bought in Schipol (Amsterdam's airport).

It was a perfectly well aged GMT but the guy didn't know a clue about his own watch :bangin:

He said "well, yes I wanted a watch to dive but I think yours is the one, no?".

I told him, "yep mine is a Submariner, yours is a GMT Master. So mine is for divers and yours for travellers and pilots" :)

Enjoy your beauty!

To be fair, Jmb offered to do something like Andy did. I just lost my mind while talking with Phong through emails and ended up buying the valve. Andy's looks great :)

7079c433.jpg