When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally won one!

offshore

Oh yes, that's the one! Circled sailing ship caseback, nice patina, excellent dial, crystal and bezel, clean movement... you scored on this one!

Let me check when I get home, I might have one more of those bracelets left.

Special thanks to Nanuq, who has been advisor and cheerleader, all rolled into one, as I have been searching...especially these last few weeks.

FWIW Nanuq, I was underbidder on the other one which went off just before this one, for near the same money. It had a bracelet, but was very shabby compared with this.

So an auction worth losing methinks.

Had a max bid just over $1k on this one, so I was happy when it stopped there.

That leaves something for a bracelet.

What about fitting a current model bracelet....I know its not the same, but they are pretty close I think?

O/S

Why thankee kindly, O/S. My pleasure.

Lots of folks use a 600T bracelet on these. It's much sturdier than the vintage Beads bracelets too.

I'll be home in an hour, I'll take a quick look then....

I just checked and I have one more vintage, NOS, unworn, untouched, utterly magnificent (how many more expensive adjectives can I reasonably slide in here? :g:) Beads of Rice bracelet left.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Woow, im a huge fan of the shark hunter! An this one looks amazing!!!

Huge congrates OS.

The price was fantastic, from today i will keep my eyes open, i need one like this!!!

No more adjectives, Just tell me what I need to send you to become the owner of that bracelet!

Its mine...no one elses!

PM please B.

O/S

Muwahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaa HELLO beachfront Maui property! :tu:

post-32-0-00479300-1340896405_thumb.jpg

Pleased to announce the arrival of Doxa Sharkhunter. All the way from Switzerland.

Will go through the Offshore spa tomorrow with before and after shots to come.

Purchased bezel paint today, and plan a mild polish, but not to remove all the battle scars, just make it a bit shinier.

On the wrist atm.looking good, the only issue thus far is a bezel which needs to be freed up.

O/S

That's a nice one!!Nice and complete with a nice bezel. looks like the Doxa prices have stabilized. Scoop up that BOR bracelet from nanug. Those things are absolutely as scarce as hens teeth. If you need to bracelet up another one later, as nanug said, the 600 series bracelets will work. i bought a couple from folks and used them on some of muy older 300T's. You may have to do a little filinig on the end links to make them fit, but they are SEL bracelets much sturdier and pretty comfortable. Most of the old BOR beracelets are in pretty sad shape. I found that the rachet adjustment in the clasp was usually so worn, they wouldn't stay adjusted.

Good Luck with it and please post some photos when you get it all together

Oh do you mean THIS bracelet? New, unused, never mounted. How's that for rare?

bor_back.jpg

bor_clasp.jpg

bor_expandro.jpg

:tu: HOPEFULLY I can get this in the mail today. You know that movie about the unfortunate series of events? HOLY SMOKES has it been weird here in Alaska this week. Post office accepting cash only? Another one can't do customs forms? Dogsled down?

post-32-0-24776200-1341589402_thumb.jpg

Oh do you mean THIS bracelet? New, unused, never mounted. How's that for rare?

bor_back.jpg

bor_clasp.jpg

bor_expandro.jpg

:tu: HOPEFULLY I can get this in the mail today. You know that movie about the unfortunate series of events? HOLY SMOKES has it been weird here in Alaska this week. Post office accepting cash only? Another one can't do customs forms? Dogsled down?

post-32-0-24776200-1341589402_thumb.jpg

:serenade:

:p

O/S