When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where are you hiding your watches in your home ? Or, do you have them all at the bank?

Stephane

Hi Guys,

Recently my ex-wife's place was broken down twice in 2 months time and she lost every single jewel and watch

As one of the jewel was a engagement diamond ring build from one of the diamond earings of my grand mother, I was very shoked.

So I rent a safe at the bank and only have two watches at my place and no remaining jewels from our family.

Now, this is not the right place for a watch lover as I almost never go to the bank to change watch of course.

So, I'm thinking to buy a safe and have it installed at my place so I can have an easier access to the watch I want to wear.

Has anybody some advice to give about storing their watches at home?

Cheers

Stephane

Fit 2 one easy to find with some cheep shit to make the theif think they have found something worth nicking and then fit a better one that is hard to find, if you can do the work your self on the second safe so that you dont have to employ labor that will then know where it is even better.

Why did the Builders of the Pyramids have there toungs cut out or were buried in there????? becase three can keep a secret if two are dead!

Buy the biggest and best safe you can afford and make sure it's anchored to the floor and wall.

With the lower end safes(under 3k) the way they get into them...is knocking them down on their backs so they have leverage to open.

There are hundreds of videos on this on YouTube. A second safe is a good ruse, but remember, tell nobody about it. Half the battle is opsec. If you have kids, make sure they don't tell their friends.

Any safe can be opened, all you are doing is slowing them down..buying time. They want to be in and out as fast as they can. The harder you make it for them and the longer it takes, the better the chance they give up.

I dont put my watches in a safe but i like the idea of having a few easy to find and hide the others on a secret place.

Thanks for the tip Andy.

Carpe Dieme

Cats

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

I also keep most in a bank safety deposit box. I have one or two at my home at any given time cuz when I wear one its for at least a week before I get bored.

For a home safe, install it yourself and hide it well.

And watch with whom you associate.. most robberies are inside jobs to some degree...

In a wooden box with a couple more watches on the top :whistling:

When I have the freedom to take proper steps in Home Security, I'll be sinking a hidden safe into the floor somewhere in the house. Liking the suggestion about baking powder and a 9mm blank firer :tu:

I have a safe in my office located in the floor of the basement. It's a biometric safe and recognizes my left hand or my fiancée's hand. If the wrong hand is used, the logic board places a call to the alarm company. I store all valuables and important documents there. My daily watches are kept in the spare room on a shelf in the closet. I've also a Rottweiler and a Doberman protecting the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Recently my ex-wife's place was broken down twice in 2 months time and she lost every single jewel and watch

As one of the jewel was a engagement diamond ring build from one of the diamond earings of my grand mother, I was very shoked.

So I rent a safe at the bank and only have two watches at my place and no remaining jewels from our family.

Now, this is not the right place for a watch lover as I almost never go to the bank to change watch of course.

So, I'm thinking to buy a safe and have it installed at my place so I can have an easier access to the watch I want to wear.

Has anybody some advice to give about storing their watches at home?

Cheers

Stephane

If you are buying a safe keep it hidden and bolted to the floor if possible. Having a safe visible can cause more problems with a desperate criminal. You never know how far they are willing to go. So my suggestion is to make sure it's hidden and of course to have insurance covering your valuables. It can't replace sentimental items but it can cover their value.

I had a floor safe in my last house and that's the best way to go. You had to lift up the corner of the carpet in the master bedroom floor to find it. I've been planning on doing the same thing in my new house for the last 14 years and so far, I've never got around to it.

Two safes...one with cheap reps in B)

If the watches are found the intruder is going to believe there is more to be stolen. Especially if there is no jewelry or personal papers. To beat a criminal you have to think like one.

If the watches are found the intruder is going to believe there is more to be stolen. Especially if there is no jewelry or personal papers. To beat a criminal you have to think like one.

Mmmmm really phil....what did you say you worked at again? :ph34r:

Captain Koons from Pulp Fiction... that's all I have to say about that...

.... He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide somethin'. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. Now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Lmao :huh: oops out pops the watch!

I have mine in a couple watch boxs and some on a winder, my safe is ok but a thief wants to take it he will no matter how hard you make it for him, but the bastards have to get in first :inverted: cctv, perimeter alarm and two vicious little bastards waiting for them if they get over my fence ;)

Thanks for your imput guys.

Some great ideas here.

As I have no bear but an alarm system connected to a dispatching, I think I will investigate the best place to put a safe, definitly in the ground, somewhere in the house.

I'll get a second one as well and make it "more" visible.

I agree, the only think we can do is buy time...Pros will always find what they look for and probably don't care about alarm or cameras.