When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

President Obama´s watch choice

alterego

both Clinton and GW Bush wore Casio G-Shock watches and Timex dress watches.

Only in public. I do not know about Bush, but Clinton had a very nice collection of expensive watches during his term as president, but he only wore them when out of the public spotlight.

Only in public. I do not know about Bush, but Clinton had a very nice collection of expensive watches during his term as president, but he only wore them when out of the public spotlight.

The only ones who saw those expensive watches was Monica, from eye level!!

That's hard to believe. A quartz Miyota powered watch on Obama's wrist ? Well, I guess he is not really a watch guy.

I'm sure he has better watchs that he prefers not to wear in public, as far as he is the president of the United States.

I wonder if there is a thread about "presidential" watches. I know The Pope wears Prada shoes and the late John Paul II used to wear a Rolex Datejust (steel or white gold ??)

Cheers

That's hard to believe. A quartz Miyota powered watch on Obama's wrist ? Well, I guess he is not really a watch guy.

I'm sure he has better watchs that he prefers not to wear in public, as far as he is the president of the United States.

I wonder if there is a thread about "presidential" watches. I know The Pope wears Prada shoes and the late John Paul II used to wear a Rolex Datejust (steel or white gold ??)

Cheers

Believe it...

He was given the watch by members of his Secret Service detail. His (unlike the ones for sale) has the Secret Service logo on the dial.

In the states (as opposed to the EU) our politicians try and avoid flashy stuff...both Clinton and GW Bush wore Casio G-Shock watches and Timex dress watches.

I wonder if it was Matt...??? :pimp: :pimp:

I would like to see the president wear something a little more tasteful as well, at least a Datejust. (Or better still, an American-made RGM. :) )

Of course, I can hear already the pundits shrieking about how a man who makes 400k per year wearing a basic Rolex is 'elitist'.

My hope is that he wears the secret service watch because it has some kind of chip in it that allows them to keep better track of him or somethng.