When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SubNoDate 114060 on PC

agfa421

I am interested to see how the ceramic insert looks in person. In the pictures it looks much flatter than the slanted ceramic inserts of the past. This would be a big bonus.

Rehuat looks a little too sloped but I ordered one just to see how it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all! The caseshape is not true to the gen, at least as far as I can tell from the pictures. They still have too narrow CG tips compared to GEN (CG tips should be winder on the edges, compared to GEN). Also, it looks they still have too narrow lug tips. Lugs on GEN looks fatter, and the overall look of the GEN case looks more square, and protrude.

As far as I am conserned, they have used the same caseshape as with the Sub-C date, which they made, disecting a GMT-Master II ceramic. It will all be wrong, wrong, wrong! If you look at the pics on Rolex site, compare case shape GMT-M II C and SUB-C, you will notice, the CG-tips on the GMT-M II C are more looking like the CG tips of the rep SUB no-date.

So in overall, the CG shape is wrong. The shape of the CG for SUB-C is more straight out of the case and makes not so narrow CG tips, whereas the shape of the GMT-M II C CG is more angeled downwards out of the case, making the tip of the CG (where it ends on each side of the crown) more narrow.

If you understand what I try to explain, please comment, pro or con?

Holy mother of crap! It is really bad, and on some of the pics it looks like yellow markers on the bezel, as some of you state. On the dealers site, they clearly state that the ceramic sub was made by disecting a GMT-Master II ceramic, since they have the same case shape. That is not the case (same;-) The case is not the same, just take a look at the SUBS and the GMT's on the Rolex website. You see the shape of the crownguards are not the same.

I do not understand why I did not see this flaw until recently. Guess one gets more and more overanalytic when time goes by, and one flaw after the other comes aparent.

Can someone of you tell me 1 rep of a Rolex that has a true 1:1 case shape and dimensions? Not the Subs anyways.

Still they have not managed to get the hour markers and pearl near look-alike to the GENS. How difficult can it be? Same situation with the DSSD. Wrong hour markers and pearl, also HE valve is not recessed, as on the GEN. Bracelet is not on-par by any means with the quality one should expect at 400 + USD.

Definition of 'wokky'... refer to pic. Compared to PT's noob version, the rehaut are not cylindrical (straight down) like it should be. You can see it more clearly with the QC pics from the two.

7835489062_f14c01614e_b.jpg

Having said this, we're not to say noob's version has no flaw. The obvious ones include the wrong fat hands, the curved top triangle and thin bezel markers.

7835489372_a2e1cf6cdc_b.jpg

Edited by seraphe

• 4 months later...

Here it is with updated photos from Josh:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlss00029-114060-2012-nodate-p-13290.html

You get exactly the same updated watch from Andrew here:

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9694

Anyone got this or planning to buy? Case set looks finally like it may be inline with the Gen on this latest BP factory effort.

Here it is with updated photos from Josh:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlss00029-114060-2012-nodate-p-13290.html

You get exactly the same updated watch from Andrew here:

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9694

Anyone got this or planning to buy? Case set looks finally like it may be inline with the Gen on this latest BP factory effort.

Those are 2 totally different watches.  The latter is terrible!