When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Issue with KB (RWG Crew)

NSTNS

Hello admin,mods,members,

Recently I bought two bags from KB. How ever since I received the goods and I informed him directly about one of the two products that I really wasn't satisfied/happy about I can't get a response anymore.

I decided to make this a public item after trying to contact KB in private multiple times already but still no response. At first he replied fast and polite (every day for a certain period) and now complete silence, even tho he has been online on the forum on the days I pm'd him

How ever since the day I received the two bags I ordered from him it's impossible to contact him or to get a response. I have been honest/clear/friendly towards him the whole time and I honestly didn't expect this from him as a RWG crew member (reg.) and as TD.

Can some one please do something about this because this is not right. We are all members to protect each other of being scammed or what ever and this is no style of KB.

This is my pm history to KB:

08-08-2012

Hello Ken,

First of all I want to let u know how pleased I'm about the communication and service. The shipping went really fast and im really happy about that.

The YSL looks great and i'm very happy with it. It is a great copy!

Now the Prada bag, to be honest I'm unhappy and dissapointed about this one. It is way too shiny and the logo is incorrect and off center(slightly) I'm not going to be rude or an ass and I would like to discuss with you what we will do about this. I honestly want to return it because I really don't like it. Please don't feel offended because overall im more then happy and I will buy from u more in the future so I hope we can solve this small issue as soon as possible!

That was about the bags, u told me to remind you about the men YSL t-shirts did u ask for me?

Kind regards,

Nils

Ps: you did an amazing job finding such a great YSL copy! Best i've seen.

10-08-2012

Hello Ken,

Can u please reply to my PM. I dont appreciate that now you suddenly don't reply to my PM.

I was looking forward to do more business with you so please reply asap.

Kind regards,

Nils

11-08-2012

Hello Ken,

Please reply asap I really dont want issue's

Kind regards,

Nils

:bangin:

KB

Member Since 13 Mar 2006

OFFLINE Last Active Yesterday, 02:36 AM

Can some one please help me?

Kind regards,

NSTNS

Looks like it has been three days. I think you need to be a little more patient than that.

KB is good people and will undoubtedly do the right thing.

Little bit strange that first he replies directly and now he doesn't besides from that he has been online at the forum on all those days. I believe its a good guy but in this case even when ur busy, and you are online on the forum u can at least reply to a pm of a buyer that just bought 2 items for +- 500 EU.

Kind regards,

NSTNS

I have dealt with Ken on a few occasions and never had a problem... even when I am being a pain ;) Sometimes PMs were fast sometimes not so... but taking into account the number of PMs he gets or how the number may vary day to day can influence the speed of response or the time he has when on the forum to undertake his duties or responsibility as a mod...

But...

What I am not clear about is if you are just having buyers remorse or if there is an issue with what you bought...

Some replica stuff isnt great compared to gen... if thats the issue then thats an issue with the rep itself not with Ken... We have all bought stuff that once it arrived wasnt as good as we would hoped but we have to live with that and learn from it...

If you are saying the item was damaged or is effected in some way by Ken's actions as a dealer then maybe thats different...

From your OP its not clear... but I read it as buyers remorse mate....

If thats wrong then I apologise but I can only go by what I read and the inference of it...

But whichever it is... Ken is without doubt a good guy and a very trusted dealer .... certainly by me... and his previous reputation speaks in itself .. :)

Did you get pics of the bags before they where shipped out to you?

Yes ofc. How ever I already explained him that if that prada bag looks as shiny on the first pictures I don't like it. I have been very clear about that. So he send me the daylight pictures that I requested but how ever it looked OK finally when it arrived it was shiny as @%$@%$# what I was very clear about that i was not looking for that.

The other bag i'm happy with as I also explained him. In my opinion in the future it could help him and the cst if they would make better quality pictures so its easier to judge. besides from the difference in collor the prada logo is crooked and with a lot of glue that u can't remove (also not visible on the pictures)

Still in my opinion if u log in into to forum everyday and u see that i send u multiple message's POLITE and NEAT u can at least tell some one that u will respond soon but that you are busy. This is crap

As has been said already, it has only been a few days & the best way NOT to receive a response is to do exactly what you are doing. If, after 2 weeks, you have not received a response, then that is the time to start posting public complaints (& spamming admins with your already posted complaints).

It is rare for me to say this, especially to a new member, but get a grip & get a life.

As has been said already, it has only been a few days & the best way NOT to receive a response is to do exactly what you are doing. If, after 2 weeks, you have not received a response, then that is the time to start posting public complaints (& spamming admins with your already posted complaints).

It is rare for me to say this, especially to a new member, but get a grip & get a life.

I beg your pardon? "Get a grip and get a life" sorry mate but what the hell are you trying to say to me now. U can try to tell a un educated person that it's normal behaviour how ever not to me. I think I have all the right to be at least a bit irritated. When u just sold goods for around 500€ u can at least respond to one pm saying im really busy and tgat he would contact later. Not replying is in my opinion showing that you don't care. And I have been neat polite and honest to him.

So why don't you get a grip? No offence mate but think twice before you make a statement like that. I'm new here but I'm not new in the rep game.

Look... I have been online several times and maybe missed a PM or two. Also.... I have left my computer on and logged in at work and gone home for the weekend. Do not always assume that just because the user control panel shows that the person is online, or has been online recently has actually seen your PM. So, again, give it a rest and give the guy a chance to respond before you start crying foul.

Oh.... and perhaps you might want to take a look at this announcement posted on August 9th:

Short Shut Down

Exactly. In the announcement he mentions that he has to deal with his life outside the forum and things would either stop or be slow.

Since I've been thru the unforgiven process of supply parts to many members before, being online doesn't mean having the time to deal with certain requests. You are complaining about the quality/type of item you have received which means he has to go back, look at your order, see what his team in China received, track the shipment down, see what went wrong, etc etc. Only after all this due diligence he will be able to provide any useful information (unless all you require is "I'm looking into it").

I think people like Ken make this look too easy so folks think he's like Amazon or something. There was another thread about the Noob 127 where a member thinks it's absurd a rep factory does not have stock available at the time they want to buy. Like there's some kind of entitlement in the rep business.

I think people need to wake up and smell the roses. Either you fork $2K for a Prada bag (or $17K for a 127 if you can find it) or stop complaining because an outstanding member has to take some time off to take care of his personal business.

This comment seems harsh and inappropriate IMO. The OP clearly perceives there was a problem that could not be resolved with KB. One can argue that he should be more patient given the reputation and goodwill that KB has earned on this forum, but I am not sure his posts warrant a personal attack. I also don't exactly understand the connection between trying to resolve an issue and not having a life. I think having over 10,000 post on an Internet forum for fake watches better suggests a lack of said life among other things. Does this comment also imply other members who love watches and spend a lot of time on forums such as this have no life?

Perhaps the fact that the line of communication went cold as soon as there was a problem may cause the OP's concern. I don't have a dog in this fight, but one or two of the responses seem one-sided and over reactionary. I think it is important that certain issues like this gets discussed openly so that other newbies who encounter similar situation can learn from the OP's experience. If anything, the facts turn out that KB had a legitimate reason for not returning the emails and PMs. So in the end this thread saved KB a lot of potentially unnecessary emails and the OP and other new members have gotten feedback on how to resolve their conflicts with the TDs.

I think having over 10,000 post on an Internet forum for fake watches better suggests a lack of said life among other things.

No, it suggests a long contribution to this forum and the experience to know that a PM not being answered over a weekend when KB has clearly stated he will be away (easy to check with a simple search function or just to go actually look in his section) does NOT mean "the line of communication went cold".

All of us have been noobs once and we had to learn somehow. By just reading the forum is enough to know that making a PUBLIC complaint without merit is frown upon. It's fine to be a noob but if you don't understand how this business works I'd suggest to read, ask questions and learn before going around getting worked up about nothing. Don't go buy a bunch of items and freak out because you don't know how things work.

This comment seems harsh and inappropriate IMO. The OP clearly perceives there was a problem that could not be resolved with KB. One can argue that he should be more patient given the reputation and goodwill that KB has earned on this forum, but I am not sure his posts warrant a personal attack. I also don't exactly understand the connection between trying to resolve an issue and not having a life. I think having over 10,000 post on an Internet forum for fake watches better suggests a lack of said life among other things. Does this comment also imply other members who love watches and spend a lot of time on forums such as this have no life?

Perhaps the fact that the line of communication went cold as soon as there was a problem may cause the OP's concern. I don't have a dog in this fight, but one or two of the responses seem one-sided and over reactionary. I think it is important that certain issues like this gets discussed openly so that other newbies who encounter similar situation can learn from the OP's experience. If anything, the facts turn out that KB had a legitimate reason for not returning the emails and PMs. So in the end this thread saved KB a lot of potentially unnecessary emails and the OP and other new members have gotten feedback on how to resolve their conflicts with the TDs.

I can appreciate your point of view, but there have also been PM's in the background here.

No, it suggests a long contribution to this forum and the experience to know that a PM not being answered over a weekend when KB has clearly stated he will be away (easy to check with a simple search function or just to go actually look in his section) does NOT mean "the line of communication went cold".All of us have been noobs once and we had to learn somehow. By just reading the forum is enough to know that making a PUBLIC complaint without merit is frown upon. It's fine to be a noob but if you don't understand how this business works I'd suggest to read, ask questions and learn before going around getting worked up about nothing. Don't go buy a bunch of items and freak out because you don't know how things work.

@txcollector Just so there is no misunderstanding here, my comment about the 10,000 posts was to illustrate that 1) trying to resolve an issue, as inappropriate as others may view the frequency of the efforts, do not necessarily equate to a person not having a life and 2) that being the subject of an unfair personal attack is pretty crappy. And btw- to freddy333 I do sincerely apologize for that comment. It seemed a little out of character based on your posts and I get the impression you are a standup guy.

I can clearly see from reading the forum that anyone making a public complaint is shouted down by multiple members. And my response is "Why?" I await to be illuminated by this thought process. If someone has an unsatisifactory experience shouldn't he get to share this as long as it has merit and is fact-based? By re-reading this thread, I think that was his intentions at first. When told that his expectations about the response time was too high and was advised to wait out a few days he got a little fired up, which IMO was a mistake.

Also, I get the impression that KB's shutdown should be public knowledge. At the risk of embarassing myself, I did not know about KB's email until redwatch posted the link. Like I wrote earlier, the facts are that KB had a legitimate reason for his absence. I don't blame KB for that. He has stuff to take care of. Period. That said, I also don't blame the OP for not knowing about KB's post.

OP started this thread asking for help and the majority of the people helped him by telling him that he needs to be more patient and that KB is out. Mission accomplished. My concern is these types of threads are sometimes populated with what I view to be condensing comments. This may give the perception that this "business" is closely run by people who is looking to intimidate people from sharing their feedback. I am not sure, but that cannot be good.

I will not speak for KB or any other vendors here, but as a businessman, I respectfully do not share your sentiment that my clients "do not buy a bunch of items and freak out because you don't know how things work". It is unthinkable to me that I turn away business. It is up to me to make sure I give my clients a quality experience and to educate them about my area of expertise. Part of that is to manage their expectations and keep the line of communication open. If I have an emergency and I am off the radar, then I hope the relationship I have developed with my client will provide me the opportunity to fix the issue.

Edited by PaneraiFan315

@PaneraiFan315

"unsatisifactory experience" is based on expectations and my point is expecting an answer just because someone is online during a weekend is unreasonable even with a large online store, let alone with a member of a watch forum.

"I get the impression that KB's shutdown should be public knowledge". KB has a section here and the last post in that forum reads "short shut down". It's easy to find, just scroll down on the home page of RWG. I'm not dealing with KB at the moment and I was aware. Goes to the point that if you are going to buy something, learn to use your tools.

"This may give the perception that this "business" is closely run by people who is looking to intimidate people from sharing their feedback" - I don't consider "hey this is my first buy, I have not idea how this works but I'll complaint publicly anyway" as feedback. It just makes all involved very mad. Quite frankly one of the reasons why I don't run projects anymore is this type of behavior. It's just not worth the hassle.

your business conduct comment - One of the many reasons why KB has built such a reputation in this forum is because of his outstanding customer support (and believe me I would not have his patience). All I'm saying is that for people to join a forum, decide not to do due diligence and start complaining because there's no 24x7 support line to take care of their disappointments that cheap REPLICA items are not exactly what they thought will only make buyers and sellers frustrated. Trust me, getting educated in this business will make a noob's life a lot happier.

I agree with the previous post by Paneraifan..

Is KB a "trusted dealer" here? I don't see that anywhere. I have a problem with anyone here using the forum for basically their own business interests, without being an enrolled dealer, and also being an admin!

I can't think of a more blatant conflict of interest. It's like appointing Silix or Josh to be an admin.

Edited by Carl

Is KB a "trusted dealer" here? I don't see that anywhere.

If a dealer is listed on the forum, he/she is a Trusted Dealer. That's how it works. They are vetted and approved by the admin team.

And I might add, there is no conflict of interest here. Ken runs his business and keeps forum politics out of it. Period. We are lucky to have him here as a part of this mod team.

I have a problem with anyone here using the forum for basically their own business interests, without being an enrolled dealer, and also being an admin!

I can't think of a more blatant conflict of interest. It's like appointing Silix or Josh to be an admin.

Mate, Ken was a mod here a long long time before he ever started dealing. (in accessories not watches I might add)

In fact he was a mod at our previous home for a long time as well. He would be approaching 10 years in service to this community , if I am not wrong.

This place wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Kens efforts to rebuild here after our old home became a derelict ship.

He single handedly approached Thomas to assist in setting up a new operation for us, and we all should never forget this.

If it wasn't for KB this place wouldn't exist!

Having said that, Ken asked the admin team to remove himself as a moderator, the moment he decided to go into business here..

It was his peers who fought with him to stay, as we knew he would be the first to disqualify himself from any discussion which had any bearing on his ability to be impartial.

How do I know all this?

Because I also was a mod here for some years and I also wanted to leave when I decided to open a shop. Just like Ken!

And I remained a moderator here for many years whilst I was also a dealer.

In fact I only resigned my moderator standing relatively recently due to a personal conflict I had within the Admin team.

They all however remain my closest friends, and a more honest and caring group of human beings, you will not find anywhere else.

So never have any...........not 1 particle of doubt.......... in the fact that the people running your forum are above and beyond any shadow of question.

I would trust any of them with my life........with KB at the front of the line.

Offshore.