When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MBW/MBK 1665 build back from the Northern Spa

Jkay

So here it is, everyone ... I'm proud to present this build. The parts were sourced and primarily assembled by highoeyazmuhudee then the watch went off to The Zigmeister for a full service/regulation, re-lume, full re-polish and re-brush and waterproofing.

As a little background, I was inspired by member Ronin's rail dial 1665 Great White. It was a forum icon. He had sold it, and it was converted by it's new owner to a more vintage coffee colored dial. This event spurred me on to try and re-create Ronin's original watch in it's original white coloration. I suppose it's mad to spend .. uh .. a lot of money for no other reason but principle, but .. ok I have no excuse clap2.gif

It is an MBW/MBK 1665 case set (re-shaped/drilled by highoey) with:

- Clark hands
- Yuki pearl
- Yuki tube
- Gen insert (love the very mild weathering!!)
- Gen crown
- generic 2mm spring bars
- rare "FxrAndy" brushed silver datewheel w/ flat top 3 and open 6/9
- vintage ETA 2846 (low beat)
- inGod 1665 White dial
- PureTime vintage bracelet normally shipped on their "Best" Rolex 1680 Sub w/ those square "punch marks" to retain the dive clasp
- Clark SuperDome crystal

I'd like to thank highhoey for getting this project off the ground, and Zig for making it truly exceptional.

post-22602-0-15144900-1345231230_thumb.j

See how the brushed metal dw looks silver in some light, and graphite in other light

post-22602-0-05167700-1345219839.jpg

post-22602-0-54026900-1371504596_thumb.j

• Like 1

Lovely piece, and if I might add a testament to our hobby. Lets not forget we build reps, not gens. Its not so hard to spend a load of cash buying gen parts then get a watchmaker to assemble the piece. But, I admire the replication of watches, the amassing of rep parts from various sources which when combined go to make a very accurate replica of a vintage watch. Well done, wear it well.

The PureTime 1680 vintage Submariner comes on a good quality bracelet. It is a little sharp and needs the normal amount of smoothing. This is what I used. I believe they will sell them separately.

4409d58c-eb2d-8186.jpg

The end links need to be expanded slightly to allow 2mm spring bars. This was not difficult for me, and I am not talented.

http://puretime.co/product/vintage-white-submariner-1680

• 2 months later...