When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Ya Gonna Wear OCD?

jtiis

I loooooove this one!!!! Where did you get yours?

This is a 1976 Speedy Pro (861 movt) hosting a 35th Anniversary dial and hands. B4 I had done the same mod with a different Panda dial from Ofrei's - but lost my mind and sold it. This is a replacement. Slightly different but mostly the same. I call it my Mickey Mouse watch given the combined shape of the black subs. Just got her back a few days ago. New year, "new" watch... I'm happy with that. Now just looking forward to 7 days off with my wife and the pooch. Bwell...

This is a 1976 Speedy Pro (861 movt) hosting a 35th Anniversary dial and hands. B4 I had done the same mod with a different Panda dial from Ofrei's - but lost my mind and sold it. This is a replacement. Slightly different but mostly the same. I call it my Mickey Mouse watch given the combined shape of the black subs. Just got her back a few days ago. New year, "new" watch... I'm happy with that. Now just looking forward to 7 days off with my wife and the pooch. Bwell...

i have the "same" one.....one of my first reps....and SO FULL of flaws, it's almost funny :) Since then i'm looking for a good version, but i never have the funds, and it's hard to find!

CAREFUL, it hurts your eyes! 

well, i won't wear this for christmas eve for sure :) 

post-29734-0-66591500-1356284079_thumb.j

Thor's Own Watch. :tu: That's a good choice when the Akkevit is flowing and the meatballs are flying.

Yeah we have "pinnekjøtt" on christmas (Sheeps ribs) and turkey, pork ribs, Waldorf salad, akevitt, beer, rosenkål, potatoes and for dessert "multekrem" ;) No meatballs though..

For me its gonna be turkey with waldorf salad, and I can only look at all the other good stuff, because my insides are killing me... (Been a problem the last 2 years, lost 100 pounds in that time)

Yum! We will have "Scotch eggs" which is sausage wrapped around boiled eggs, and coffee and cinnamon rolls. This year we are keeping it low key, unplugging the phone and enjoying family. We'll ski in the woods in the afternoon and come home to a nice fire. I hope your insides aren't too painful. Better get that checked out, my friend.

• Like 1

i have the "same" one.....one of my first reps....and SO FULL of flaws, it's almost funny :) Since then i'm looking for a good version, but i never have the funds, and it's hard to find!

CAREFUL, it hurts your eyes!

well, i won't wear this for christmas eve for sure :)

Hang in there - good and sometimes (rarely) cheaply priced ones show up.

This one was a steal.

First the TZ seller (nice guy) had it up for 1650 - then just wanted to bail and listed it for 1250 (this on a 1479 bracelet that was in good shape). It had a nice size ding on the side toward the back (near 8 o'clock) but I thought my watchsmith could do something with it. I offered 1200 gift and she was mine. Then, he had a 1450 bracelet (the grail!) he was selling for $650. I bought that and got a happy $375 for the 1479. So, 1200 + 650 - 375 puts me in this for only 1475 plus casework fixes and the dial/hands. Still not cheap but the $1475 at base really had me singin'. I ended up putting the 1450 on the other Speedy. I think the black strap pulls out the subs nicely on this one.

One will come along for you I'm sure. In the meantime, maybe snag a 35th Anniversary dial from watchco on the bay (while they last as Ofrei don't carry them)... and the hands from Ofrei as... they do have these. When your watch sails in... you'll be set.

Cheers.

When I saw this thread title, I wondered if it was going to be one of those "How do you decide what to wear..." challenges :lol:  I would have said that I'll be wearing my customised GMT II, or maybe my DJ, but, Christmas aside, tomorrow is Tudor Tuesday, so I'll be going with this:

DSCN4744.jpg

Since I took this pic, in mid-October, one of my best friends tattooed the design on my left forearm (I was letting him practice his tattooing) B)