When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rolex Dial Interest

whoopy12

UPDATE:

All of the artwork is finished. I added 3 more dials to the lineup, so the list has been expanded to:

No-date:

-Rolex 1016

-Rolex 5513

-Rolex Comex 5514

-Rolex 5517 Military

-Rolex 6538 "Bond" Gilt - Attached a little preview :D

Date:

-Rolex 1665 drsd MK II

-Rolex 1680 red MK III

-Rolex 1680 white sub

I begin the printing process this week, and will receive my dial blanks in the next 3 weeks.

I need some input on the 1016 Explorer dial, as Ingod, Phong, NDT, all have different dial sizes. For those interested in a 1016 dial, what size would be best? 28mm (gen spec), 29mm, or 26.5mm?

- Whoop

28mm (gen spec) for the 1016 dial all the way. I don't know why ingod does it but they list all their dials at 26.5mm but they all very in size depending on the ref.

I'm in for a 5513. Will this be for ETA movements or gen?

These will all be for ETA movements. NO singer stamps of any kind. I want these to look great, but at the same time not become infamous on Rolex forums - Don't want anyone misrepresenting these in the future. 

28mm (gen spec) for the 1016 dial all the way. I don't know why ingod does it but they list all their dials at 26.5mm but they all very in size depending on the ref.

28mm it is :D

These will all be for ETA movements. NO singer stamps of any kind. I want these to look great, but at the same time not become infamous on Rolex forums - Don't want anyone misrepresenting these in the future.

28mm it is :D

It would be nice to see a good matte 1016 dial with the correct fonts and placement. The Yuki dial has the numbers spaced to far from the indices.

• Like 1

Plus 1 ! Tudor rose, tudor flake,  black blue and tropics colour i will buy them and then build a watch around them a bit like buying a set of chrome wide wheels and the building a car to sit on them ! !

What about some Tudor dials if you can too  ;)  

Plus 1 ! Tudor rose, tudor flake,  black blue and tropics colour i will buy them and then build a watch around them a bit like buying a set of chrome wide wheels and the building a car to sit on them ! !

I would design more, but getting this far has been a headache and a half  :fool:

Do you know how much a dial will be?

Pricing will be comparable to Ingod/NDT. 2 color dials/dials with datewindows will be more expensive.

*5517 goodies :D

post-43094-0-04221900-1364566054_thumb.p

Edited by whoopy12

It would be nice to see a good matte 1016 dial with the correct fonts and placement. The Yuki dial has the numbers spaced to far from the indices.

+1

I'll end up buying whatever 1016 dial comes out of this based on the samples I've seen posted here so far, but if I get to vote, something like the NDtrading patina dial would be ideal for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi whoopy, any updates?

I was hoping my next update would include pictures of the finished dials, but alas! I am currently waiting for the custom ink/dials to arrive. Once they're here I will begin the pad-printing process, post pictures, and set up a thread in the sales section. I'm pretty stoked that this project is near completion! Finally I can contribute something to the RWG community :D

- whoop