When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial Maker and Pam Maker - TC's Progress Update Part II

tc670207

Before visiting my seller's fellow apprentice who supposedly knows the inside-out of reps, I have to make a detour to the dial/hands factory to check my 16610 dial back order progress.

The dial & hands factory is owned by another fellow apprentice of my seller. They all served the same "Sifu" or mentor but more like a lord. You'll still notice traces of feudalism the moment you step foot into China.

When I say "women power" in "PROGRESS UPDATE PART I", I meant it:
Women-Power-02.jpg

See how carefully the Chinese sisters were making watch dials in temperature controlled clean rooms:
Women-Power-01.jpg

My dial maker admitted she hasn't even begun making my back order yet. The recent crack down on counterfeits being one reason, but the most important reason is that she has enough orders to keep her and the girls busy for a while. There is no reason for her to risk her factory on making rep dials.

I asked her about other top grade rep dials she had made and overstocked. I was handed these:
TC-16613-Dial-Hands-01.jpg

TC-16613-Dial-Hands-02.jpg

TC-16613-Dial-Hands-03.jpg

TC-16613-Dial-Hands-04.jpg

Factory super lumed two tone Submariner 16613 dial, hands, and insert pearl:
TC-16613-Dial-Hands-05.jpg

Janeto72, a member here and a dentist up North, recently bought a electro-plating machine making dentures for his patients. He's been experimenting electro-plating 18k gold on TC bezel, crown, and on the middle links of TC 93250 V3.

Remember the wrongly engraved 93253 TC 93250 V1 clasp?
TC-Wrongly-Marked-93253-Clasp.jpg

I'll send some 93253 clasp and two tone Sub 16613 dials, hands, and inserts to Janeto72 to see if a decent Janeto/TC 16613 can be built.

My dial maker set up a meeting for me with a very successful rep maker and once a client of hers. She sold a couple of her most talented girls to this man helping him making rep dials. Hoping I could use this man to make my new 16610 dials.

We had dinner at a high end local steak house. It was pleasant but we did not reach a deal for my new 16610 dial. I found out whoever is successful in making reps, wants to upgrade business to a new level. They rather take OEM orders from brands than making reps.

From this particular maker I received a shockingly beautiful Pam as a gift.
Pam-Maker-01.jpg

Pam-Maker-02.jpg

Pam-Maker-03.jpg

I felt for the Pam maker. If I own a facility that's capable making watches this good, I would rather go legit than worry about being caught everyday. Knowing China is a lot different than the West, being caught means one may never see daylight again.

Finally I met my seller's fellow apprentice. Let's just call him Sifu L. We spent two days and talked about almost every aspects of reps. This guy does know his [censored], not only about reps but watches in general.

This is one of the watches I've been asked by members almost everyday:
TC-16600.jpg

I will talk about that in Part III.

I'll chime in here.....i'll post more on the 18K electroplating once this project gets going....but first i'll need to experiment on some of the parts to see how the gold lays down, it's durability and longevity.....stay tuned as new and excitng things are coming from the TC Factory!!!!!

I've been on the rep watch scene now for over 9 years and have never seen anything on this level - my sincere respect to you Thomas.