When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538 finished

cc33

Hello, just wanted to show off the final product. I'm pretty happy with it. I thought I bought gen hands on ebay but a vrf'er informed me that they were fake, so I cancelled the transaction. I think if I can ever find them, the gen hands would be the icing on this cake! On to the next...

post-38788-0-63403600-1361317501_thumb.j

post-38788-0-57697000-1361317511_thumb.j

post-38788-0-30559200-1361317522_thumb.j

post-38788-0-09131900-1361317535_thumb.j

post-38788-0-45259100-1361317554_thumb.j

Many, many years ago I posted up pics of a "finally got it" watch. Demsey came in late and posted something I'll never forget. It was along the lines of...

You know the Indiana Jones movie where they haul out the Ark of the Covenant and everyone gathers around while they pry it open? Then everyone gazes at the spectacle ... the wonder of what lies before them ... as their faces melt off?

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now.

post-32-136132823339.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks E, I won't be swimming with it unfortunately, don't trust these old models with only twin lock I believe, and old crystals.

Specs r

Minh case and crown

Gen Bezel and insert

Gen t-17 and 1030 movement

Redial done using an original plate

Michael Young hands

Gen rivet band

Thanks E, I won't be swimming with it unfortunately, don't trust these old models with only twin lock I believe, and old crystals.

I built my pressure tester from this tutorial http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/75389-build-a-pressure-tester-for-30-dollars/

After I assemble the case, but before I install the movement, I seal all the gaskets with silicone lube per Rolexaddict and test. The twinlock hold fine, no failures yet, including the old style external 'O' ring tube with the 6mm Brevet crown from Rafflestime, and the UV glued crystals in the reps. I wouldn't dive with one, but it takes the worry out of being near water or getting it wet. 

Many, many years ago I posted up pics of a "finally got it" watch. Demsey came in late and posted something I'll never forget. It was along the lines of...

You know the Indiana Jones movie where they haul out the Ark of the Covenant and everyone gathers around while they pry it open? Then everyone gazes at the spectacle ... the wonder of what lies before them ... as their faces melt off?

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling right now.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1361328232.073185.jpg

That is Demsey...