When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rolex/Tudor Collection

panerai153

I have been a Rolex lover for lots and lots of years. I got my first, and Airking in 1965 and that was the start of my Rolex addiction. Interestingly, I had quite a few genuine Rolexes until about 15 years ago. For some reason, I decided that there were so many fake Rolex watches around, everyone wearing one was suspect. I sold mine and my first non Rolex was a Breitling Chronomat. After that  I had several IWC's, Maurice LaCroix's,Oris's a couple of Ulysse Nardins, but nary a Rolex. I also took a hiatus from Scuba during those years, so I really didn't have any need for a dive watch.This Rolexless phase lasted about 5-6 years, can't exactly remember when, but I do remember I found the old TRC website, and got active there.I was pretty impressed by the quality of some of the modded Rolex reps that were showing up on the site.  I was hooked!! I bought a couple of MBW Subs and SD's, tried various modders, got taken to the cleaners by the infamous "redbigjoe"who screwed up a nice MBW SD and thankfully found The Zigmeister who was able to undo the mistakes and built my first real "Modded Rep. Well, fast forward to today, I now have 10 Rolex/ Tudors of which 3 are genuine. You can never say never, but I believe I'm done, at least for a while. I've got far too many watches to wear, and don't really need or want any more. I have examples of pretty much every Rolex I like. Nothing contemporary really "floats my boat"  That may change, but for now my Rolex collection is complete.

Here are a few photos of and old codgers collection. Can you tell which are the gens? There are 3 in there.

The Collection

post-327-0-49517200-1362359063_thumb.jpg

The GMT's

post-327-0-26879800-1362359081_thumb.jpg

The Tudors

post-327-0-62007900-1362359098_thumb.jpg

The Subs/SD

post-327-0-79172600-1362359143_thumb.jpg

Odd Man Out

post-327-0-69265200-1362359119_thumb.jpg

Nice collection, GMTc looks kind of like an odd man out. Modern ceramic amongst all of the classics...

Nice watches and thanks for sharing!

you are right, everything else is fairly vintage, including the lughole 16610, the ceramic is really the only current generation Rolex in the herd.

That's a fantastic collection. Where'd you get the bezel for the 6542?

bezel came with the case,it's from Ming Quy, the insert is from joeyB. he makes the most outstanding 6542 inserts available, and he's right here on RWG :)